• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

THE INGAME CHAT / VOIP CHAT THREAD for noobs

I thought I would start this thread off because I cant get my mic working in game. Some games I have connected to OK via the ingame Chat server ( IRC.gamesurge.net), but mostly it doesnt work. This is confusing as I do the same thing each time, so it seems server dependant.

How do I get my Mic working properly. How do I connect to the correct channel to use my mic on a particular server. How should I set up the chat section in the audio section in the game configuration section. How do I set up local, team and everbody channels. Do I need programs like TeamSpeak, Ventrillo etc, or can it all be done via irc.gamesurge.net. Do I Connect to Gamesurge Chat Channel then go to the servers and connect to a game.

What I would like is to set the chat up so that my default channel is Local, (for tanks etc) and press a button to broacast to team ( when i'm squad leader), and another to broadcast to all ( for general harrasssment of the other team :p ).

Common ppl post