• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The HuntsMan

Would you like to have the HuntsMan implemented into the game?

• Yes (it sounds fantastic and horrifying)

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No (Nope to terrifying looking and sounding or dont like the sound of it)

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Scribelord

Oct 26, 2019
Similarly to the Bloat and Flesh pound I think there could be a Crawler Boss called the Huntsman with maybe a new map that I'll discuss in part 2 that will tie in well with the boss.

The new spider boss could be called the HuntsMan (a pun on the huntsman spider) and since the crawlers are hybrids and lean more close to human the boss could resemble a spider more with multiple eyes and the jaws the crawler has but with significantly more teeth and the spider legs would be far more prominent being its main mode of transportation instead of crawling like its lesser cousins with a very noticeable size increase (I'm talking like about 1 and 1/2 as long as a scrake is tall and even then theres a arch towards the body so that's not the entire leg) and it'll have noticeably large claws on its hands, its body would be more larger than a crawler being more akin to the scrakes size but slightly larger but with less muscles and more gangly in appearance.

It's moves would consist of the following:
1.It would have a web attack that it can spit out slowing the player and dealing very small damage (like 5 points of health damage assuming there is no armor).
2.It would try using its legs to impale players dealing large damage (20 points of health damage assuming there is no armor).
3.A claw attack where it swipes at the players with its claws dealing poison damage and doing slight damage (the claw swipe attack maybe 15 health points worth assuming there is no armor) (the Venom effect will do 10 points of damage for the duration of 5 seconds).
4.It could use a web bola move that traps the player entirely and if the player doesn't break free in time or a teammate doesn't help the player out the Huntsman will bite the player injecting them with a very strong venom far stronger than the one in the claw attacks that rapidly tears through health and the bite itself is very strong (for the initial bite itself 25 points of health damage assuming there is no armor) (the venom deals 50 points of damage in the 10 second duration).
5.Similarly to the Abomination boss The HuntsMan could summon several new Spider minions that are actual abnormally large spiders and not just zeds (maybe 8 at a time) they would be smaller than the crawlers but noticeably large as well (think a medium sized dog like a beagle) and they would chase after the player attacking them and dealing a very weak poison damage (like only 3 health points per 6 seconds) so the poison effect would be significantly weaker than the HuntsMan bosses venom attacks but they could swarm the player if the player isn't careful and stack in damage the venom does (up to 3 times stronger so 9 damage in 6 seconds however being bitten while poisoned does not stack the time) (the initial bite damage deals 3 points damage assuming there is no armor).
6.it could have a armor mode similarly to the king fleshpound and hans where it hardens its skin creating a Exoskeleton and gains 2x speed, 2x defense, and 2x damage until the exoskeleton it created is destroyed (could be created everytime it loses 25% health) however when in this mode it can't do the bola attack however it does recharge the ability twice as fast when in this state (so try destroying the exoskeleton as quick as possible) otherwise when it exits the mode it might do a follow-up bola attack.
7.While in the Exoskeleton Mode it will summon crawlers to aid it ontop of the Spider minions it spawns (Elite Crawlers too if on higher difficulty).

Killing the HuntsMan could give you the achievement (Arachnid King)

The new map will be explained in part 2 but it's related to spiders alright.

I have finished part 2 with the brand new map I've called Arachnophobia so if you want to check it out here is the link

Upvote 0
I forgot to mention this but also I think the holiday versions would be fantastic

The Halloween one could be a large crimson red venus flytrap with massive thorny vines for legs and it would be a mix of human arms and plant with the roots forming the arms and I think the spiders will still fit fine.

For the summer sideshow a freakshow boss version would be fantastic with the fused twin and abnormally long arms with long nails and either keep the spiders or maybe have deformed infants crawling around.

Finally a Christmas one could be a Christmas tree with tassels for legs and the spiders it summons are Christmas ornaments with spider legs.

Upvote 0