The Hive V2

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

KiCk3R

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 20, 2009
Shropshire UK
Here is an official announcement.

The Hive V2 Is going to be very close for releasing.

Could possibly be before the end of this month.

Can you please write down what you want, and if i have time, i will add it.

The story behind this version of Hive, is that the action kicks in right when you start. Your team has now been sent up to clear up the infection, and bring back an Antivirus for BRAVO team who went down there earlier!

I am going to need a professional beta tester at hand, and hopefully add him/her on steam.

Please add me on jameslo30
And remind me that you wanna beta test Hive V2 with me.
Keep Watching this SPACE!

Fel

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 9, 2009
In Mission Mode
how about....i want it to be hard...cause i can practically run through that map blindfolded ;)

if you need a tester let me know

Last edited:

Gregs2k2

Thank you please
Mar 21, 2009
UK
www.ragequitters.co.uk
Make the train and the office area less retina burning (kill the overbloom/bright).

Also, have the security system lasers emit audio (like the film). It's too quiet in there.

Just a couple of tweaks for a man of your skills ;)

Cheers.

Griever

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 16, 2009
Finland
many bug fixes needed ;) This map is awesome, there are just too many bugs >.<
Do something with the end where you need to kill boss, but instead of killing him you just go up with elevator and.. nothing happens. Add mission failed or something if you proceed without killing boss. If that's possible ;)

Fel

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 9, 2009
In Mission Mode
make it easier to install. I really couldn't be bothered to find out where all those files lived. A few simple folders make a huge difference
your a mapper, you should know these things. becides his readme was very understandable i believe i found it on like page 3 of the thread. I had no problem installing his map.

Last edited:

zYnthetic

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 20, 2009
Atlanta-ish
www.zynthetic.com
I don't think the install is a problem specific to The Hive. For some reason a lot of maps are getting archived with the path \MapName\Maps\Map.rom
Archiving with paths is nice if it's a valid path, otherwise players are still going to need to manually move everything into the right folder.

avp2501

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 4, 2009
Lost in the land of Magic
When i did the Wave 1 Map Pack i had to learn where all the files went and so i did know.

But all my content gets stored in the map and so i only mess around with the .rom file.

I know that some files can't be stored in the .rom but i haven't come across that yet and not everyone is a mapper.

I don't expect you to go and make an installer or something like that, just a few ready made folders with the correct files in the correct folders makes installing alot easier.