• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "good" suggestions are piling up.

Of course thus failed completely and they the protestors caved also since they wanted to play L4D but had few people to play with.
Meh. I stuck to my guns. In reality L4D2 offered me new specs and almost nothing else I cared about. I can live without L4D2, and L4D, for that matter. I'm sure there's someone out there that can do a better job of what Valve started than Valve.

And you weren't completely wrong, UJ. There were people angry that Valve used New Orleans as their settings, which happens to be filled with a lot of dispossessed black people. I sometimes think that outrage was intended to undercut people with game-centric complaints about L4D2. The "they're black" thing was the beginning of the end of the boycott's legitimacy. Not that they ever really work anyways.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not sure a KF2 will ever be released from TWI since KF was only a ''cash-cow'' that gave enough money to TWI to make a top-notch game that will put them on the map.... HOS. If RO:HOS become popular enough, i dont think TWI will ever look back on KF.

^ essentially yes. i highly doubt TW will completely "turn their back on KF" but some people have to remember that the original "game 2" was RO2 (ROHOS) and was NOT KF. RO is the TW franchise game as it focuses on exactly what TW strives for in their games, a blend of intense and highly realistic/historic combat. KF turned out to be a great game as an additional project to HOS and got loads of attention for the first year it's been out and TW says more is coming, when that will happen we still do not know for sure. they have also said that a "KF2" might be a possibility down the road, but i can't imagine it would even go on the drawing board for at least another year or two. if you don't like RO, well sorry, but that's TW's baby and the game that's gotten them to where they are. the best way to get a potential "KF2" in the works would be to support ROHOS when it comes out ;)

Upvote 0
If I remember rightly the people who boycotted L4D2 did it because it featured alot of african american zombies... or the cast was very racially stereotypical. Something like that anyway. Yes somehow having different races in the game was deemed to be highly offensive, as opposed to having an entirely caucasian cast.

Go figure...

And to answer your question... I would probably be looking forward to Killing Floor 2 more than water in the sahara desert. And I would royally mock anyone who tried to boycott it :)

Thats funny if I recall correctly when I play resident evil 5 all i do is kill africans ALL DAY LONG. Now there were individuals who started to complain and even blogs and news casts about it but look at the sales of resident evil 5, it continued to sky rocket.

I think the creators are allowed to excercise mind to its fullest capacity, even if its incredibly offensive thats just one of the numerous reasons what makes america great. Remember the game postal 2?

If killing floor 2 is anything like KF 1 but only better I could care less if all the zombies were my race, heck, I'd still be one of the first to buy it :) cuz after all its only a game.

Upvote 0
^ essentially yes. i highly doubt TW will completely "turn their back on KF" but some people have to remember that the original "game 2" was RO2 (ROHOS) and was NOT KF. RO is the TW franchise game as it focuses on exactly what TW strives for in their games, a blend of intense and highly realistic/historic combat. KF turned out to be a great game as an additional project to HOS and got loads of attention for the first year it's been out and TW says more is coming, when that will happen we still do not know for sure. they have also said that a "KF2" might be a possibility down the road, but i can't imagine it would even go on the drawing board for at least another year or two. if you don't like RO, well sorry, but that's TW's baby and the game that's gotten them to where they are. the best way to get a potential "KF2" in the works would be to support ROHOS when it comes out ;)

I actually have a copy of RO, I tried playing it in single player and it was great, but when i went online, I die so freaking often from gunfire that seem to come from no where its just depressing :(

Of course this being that I am new to the game, if I was good the enjoyment level will most likely scale w/ my experience to the game.

Personally I think KF has so much potential that it hasnt realized yet, I just played candle smoke and its amazing, if TWI introduce, or reintroduce "mission mode" to KF, its almost like an additional expansion pack to KF.

As a matter of fact the should add mission mode as their next DLC :D , that way the money they receive, after they've blown it on strippers and grey goose they would have some left for KF 2.

Upvote 0
Thats funny if I recall correctly when I play resident evil 5 all i do is kill africans ALL DAY LONG. Now there were individuals who started to complain and even blogs and news casts about it but look at the sales of resident evil 5, it continued to sky rocket.

I think the creators are allowed to excercise mind to its fullest capacity, even if its incredibly offensive thats just one of the numerous reasons what makes america great. Remember the game postal 2?

If killing floor 2 is anything like KF 1 but only better I could care less if all the zombies were my race, heck, I'd still be one of the first to buy it :) cuz after all its only a game.

Good lad! I take the same opinion. I''m British and part Polish myself, and my mates constantly rip on me for it, but it has to be said... most of the time it is damned funny.

I remmeber once I recieved some British racism. Someone once said "Shut up teabag...". I tell you I was in stitches :D

Upvote 0