• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The German/Soviet Hero (How He Stands Out)

Garbonzo

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 1, 2006
West Coast
So far from what I understand "at least I think" is that the hero will look all badass and rugged and war torn but I mean is that it? is that all a hero is?

I understand its no damn Arnold Schwarzenegger running around but I want each person/hero to be differnt in a way. Like why hes a HERO! Is he a sniper hero? an epic tank hero? what hero is he?

I want to look badass and have a red bandana with no helmet with maybe a yellow star or a Soviet Hammer and Sickle on the forehead of the bandana :D

The bottom line for this one is I want not only the players abilitys in game to be affected when I *a hero* joins a game, but also when they see how intimidating I'll look. It will make them flinch IRL and hesitate to shoot me! I want the enemy to crap them selves when they see some guy with a bandna on his head thrusting his bayonet into his brothers liver! Also my teammates seeing some badass doing these things will make them want to fight better aswell!

For real though in all honesty? What would you want for your guy when your hero!

Do you want epic tank cheverons all over your chest showing how you pwn the panzer!

Or how about missing a few fingers because you like to play with explosives :p

What if heroes were modeled after real-life heroes? There were plenty of men in many many positions on both sides with unbeleivable kill records and histories that became legends.

I understand it would be difficult to make individual heroes like that, with multiple choices for every type of hero, but nonetheless it would add a unique touch that could turn out really awesome...maybe DLC?

Reactions: Nylle
Upvote 0
What if heroes were modeled after real-life heroes? There were plenty of men in many many positions on both sides with unbeleivable kill records and histories that became legends.

I understand it would be difficult to make individual heroes like that, with multiple choices for every type of hero, but nonetheless it would add a unique touch that could turn out really awesome...maybe DLC?

I think I originally suggested that, plus I want some movie actors used too (Like Steiner from Cross of Iron)

The Soviet Commander should look like this.

Sovietofficer.jpg

Upvote 0
Yes I do. It was Battalion commander A. Yeremenko photographed by Novosti. World famous photo.

It seems, that Alexei Eremenko was a politruk (junior political officer) and he indeed died in combat. Was it seconds after the photo was taken, who knows... Even if the photo was taken during combat I would still argue that the photo is at least semi-staged, if not completely. There is a possibility it

Last edited:
Reactions: VariousNames
Upvote 0