• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC The gate at the east end of Fortic Bayou does not open in certain languages

SuperSatoSan

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 4, 2021
Category: Code
Reproducibility: Always
Summary: The gate at the east end of Fortic Bayou does not open in certain languages.

Detail:
Platforms where the bug was found:
Steam, App ID 629820, Build ID 7083411, DLC installed

Prerequisites:
I usually play Maneater in Japanese. When this bug occurred, I had prepared the data to complete the main storyline before the DLC was released.
After that, I confirmed this bug while clearing the DLC story with the above data.

Bug Description :
The gate at the east end of Fortic Bayou is closed only when Japanese is specified in the language setting from the Properties command in the Steam game list.
We have confirmed that the gate will be open in languages other than Japanese by following the steps below.

1) Start the game in Japanese and confirm that the gate is closed.
2) Changed the language to English from the Properties command in the Steam game list, launched the game, and confirmed that the gate is open.
3) I confirmed that the gate was open for languages other than Japanese and English by following the procedure in step 2.
4) I changed the language to Japanese from the property command in the game list on Steam, launched the game, and confirmed again that the gate was closed.

Attached is a screenshot of the gate being closed when the game was launched in Japanese.

gate_is_not_open.jpg