• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The game seems way closer to release than you might think...

Shadoo

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 12, 2012
Seeing the already prepared kf2 avatars, the mr foster code in pcgamer, and several newly revealed perks along with a fully functional forum ready to be posted on, especially seemingly useless subforums such as "sound" and the modeling ones are all ready even though the game is not out yet, it's entirely possible that the game could come out before 2015.

I'm not going to bother the devs by asking petty questions (straight up "when is it coming out" or stuff like "in percentage how much is it done") and I'm not asking when it is coming out, I'm just acknowledging that the game may be closer to release than you'd think. My personal guesstimate is September or so.

Last edited:
I guess you mean released in finished state. I'd like to know when it's getting available for early access because I think that's what many people are waiting for. It might be cheaper than the finished product and you can try it even on an early state.

I was actually gonna mention that by saying "It may even come as early access in like july or something" but I completely forgot because I was taking out the trash. But yeah, I mean finished. Early access would be cool.

Upvote 0
I made a thread about this already, but it got buried to another page in the index:

<a href="http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=99396" target="_blank">http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=99396

Ramm made a post there also.

I have to agree, the game really does look.....finished, in all regards. If not extremely polished and still in beta. Recently it's been a trend where developers reveal a game merely months before release which I actually kind of like and while it DOES build less hype it also results in less "come oooooooon come out already" sorta complaints. Plus it feels like it comes out way faster than if it was revealed earlier (which it obviously doesn't).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Seeing the already prepared kf2 avatars, the mr foster code in pcgamer, and several newly revealed perks along with a fully functional forum ready to be posted on, especially seemingly useless subforums such as "sound" and the modeling ones are all ready even though the game is not out yet, it's entirely possible that the game could come out before 2015.

I'm not going to bother the devs by asking petty questions (straight up "when is it coming out" or stuff like "in percentage how much is it done") and I'm not asking when it is coming out, I'm just acknowledging that the game may be closer to release than you'd think. My personal guesstimate is September or so.

Maybe, but don't get your hopes up.

Upvote 0
I'm super hyped too, but I remember the long and arduous wait for RO2, it was revealed at the beginning of 2009 and released mid 2011 (In a pretty unfinished state I may add).

So, yeah, it could still release soon, but be ready a long and painful wait just in case.

TWI said they don't have plans to have that big of a delay ever again. At the absolute most we get it mid next year.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's two days later though, that's ridiculous.

I'm betting we will be seeing some cool stuff in 2 days minimum - Ramm did say we had entertaining stuff to look out for - but I'm betting that Early Access will come later in the summer.

I dont care for bugs, etc..

If it is just PLAYABLE, that is enough for me...

One example: i am also playing Nether early access now and they keep patching and adding features as we play and opening more and more of the visible greyed inaccessible mapareas. It is enough it is playable, most players still enjoy playing their sort of game.

Summer is too late...for me! I am too hyped now and await it per the hour....

Upvote 0
Yeah I just want early access. I know full well that buying an early access game means you're going to encounter bugs and the whole purpose is to help the devs polish the game for release.

I'll gladly play the game, even if it's buggy and unfinished.

Yes, so it does not matter if i pay full price now as i would still be playing the game.

Upvote 0