• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The game is dead threads are dead!

I. Kant

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 9, 2007
Not to offend by excessive brevity, but yes.

However!

It is 5:15 (well, it was when I started this) ante meridiam and I just woke up after having fallen asleep on the couch after an outing that included the imbibing of alcoholic beverages. Cool story, no?

Anyways, the game is dead threads are dead. Because around here, anyone can post anything and be heard out and I thought this should be heard out! Hear me out! Yes! Everyday less and less people are posting the game is dead threads and more and more people are actually playing it (well, not really, but if they are playing the game, they are playing the game, not posting this or that thread!).

Nevertheless!

It happened on a dark, cloudless evening. It was a CD server. It was populated by perhaps 20 odd people. Including the players of a Really Renowned Veteran Clan. We had teamwork!

No, not really. The Really Renowned Veteran Clan Players were chillin' to music while playing, cracking jokes at Silly Players Who Wanted To Inspire Teamwork (and who had the silliest idea about asking whether anyone was on the server's advertised TS server), ramboing it out with MGs or MkBs and it was really jolly rotten phun! They even remarked on how they don't care about public server teamwork (and besides, why would anyone actually use the game's VoIP to communicate - there is no need, when you are a Renowned Veteran Clan Player, now is there?). Oh, wait, the server was in fact populated by some odd 50% of clan players - but it was still jus' a pub, and (read my lips) there is no teamwork on pubs!

Then again, on Apartments a German MG can set up in the window of the right-most building next to Soviet spawn and some of the spawn points are actually in the line of fire of that MG and people get shot immediately after spawning without the chance of any player imput. Luckily, no one abuses it! Oh, wait, a certain Other Renowned Veteran Clan's Player sat there, farmin' kills as Soviets were leavin' their spawn (which is cool, that's how the big boys play, no?) and shootin' the unfortunates who happened to spawn out in the open (yes, me, for instance). When queried about it, that ORVCP admitted no fault of his and (I understood) implied my own wrongdoing. He's not guilty (because it's possible to do it), I don't feel guilty (because I did not imput anything other than the decision to spawn in the only available spawn, excluding the not always available SL spawn), so whose fault is it? Bad, bad devs!

Anyways, teamwork is dead - or non-existent, rite? Well, it is, if you are not contributin' to it. Earlier on that server with the ORVCP - Spartanovka, Soviet team gets steamrolled in round 1. I (no need to thank me, I know I am a great chap, cheerio), along with some other people, start shouting out threats, alerting about flanking movements, commanding my squad around (not that they were particularly adherent to my orders, but the jist of it was followed, I felt) and by the end of the round, it was a really well working team, people covering each other, SL deploying smoke defensively to cover spawn exits, shouting out threats, etc.
Same thing happened a map later, on Apartments (where that ORVCP did his honourable thing; I now know who you are, mind!). Really good teamwork on the Soviet team - in the 2nd round we'd actually run out of reinforcements, while the Hitlorz still had some 20 odd left, and guess what happened? With the Ministry of Love House captured, the remaining live Soviets (awesome me included) piled in into Potatova Park (no, really), held out defending in that small ruin (losing some men in process) and captured the zone by the skin of our healthy Soviet molars and incissors. Yes. True story, ken?

What I'm trying to say is, what you make of teamwork is really up to you. There are systems in place and if you actually used them, perhaps there'd be less reason to complain about the lack of that mythical beast, teamwork.

tl;dl You silly git, don't you actually read threads (the ravin' ones included) on a gaming forum? What'd you expect? A comic book? Ah, broke my resolve - edited in: yes, I was also butthurt by certain Clan Players, who are like Gods at this game, compared to Puny Me.

Also, perhaps it was not such a smart thing, postin' this, afterall (by that I mean that I've spent 30 minutes on this, lord, not that I'm gettin' a storm of downvotes incoming me way). Cheers :eek:

Last edited:
Cool story. Can you translate it into English or just structure it a bit better? My brain is spinning.

What I get is: you have been on a server with no teamplay on which players exploited certain map design. Welcome to online gaming.

If those clan members you are talking about are the ones that complain about the lack of teamplay while they behave like this, why not mentioning their names? Otherwise: who gives a damn?

As if clan guys were better/different than the average player*...

{MERC.8}Sensemann

*with average player I mean, any other player

Reactions: Thyrker
Upvote 0
Drunken rambles FTW:D

What I'm trying to say is, what you make of teamwork is really up to you. There are systems in place and if you actually used them, perhaps there'd be less reason to complain about the lack of that mythical beast, teamwork.
Even though thats the only part I could make out I do most certainly agree. Teamworks actually requires the team to work, as a team.

Upvote 0