• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC The game cannot remember gear & settings customization

Vapid

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 26, 2012
Category: UI/system/code?

Reproducibility: Always (any recent version)

Summary: The game never remembers/saves my gear customization settings, and will sometimes reset key bindings.

Description: Regardless of version number, the game does not remember what gear my character is wearing; every time I launch the game, I have to go to the gear menu and manually reset my character. Sometimes in the past I'd select another character, then re-select mine, and gear changes from the previous game would be remembered, but even this doesn't seem to work now. Also, annoyingly, every game update seems to totally reset my key bindings and several visual and gameplay settings (not everything, but certainly mouse scrolling rate, FoV, etc.), and so I have to reset these myself. In yesterday's case, I didn't even know my key bindings had been reset until mid-way through a round, and so I had to re-do everything quickly whilst at the trader!

Online/Offline: Online (could be both, can't confirm)

If it helps:

Windows 10 x64
Intel Core i5-3570 @3.4GHz
12 GB Corsair DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB

I have no graphical or slowdown issues running on Ultra.

:IS2:

Last edited:
There are multiple threads about this issue. Actually it saves, but not if you go to the gear menu in main menu. If you go to gear menu in a game/lobby you'll see that it was saved.

It is still a problem that it does not load correctly in main menu.

For the key reset it occurs with updates sometimes, let it reset in that case because there are reasons behind a keybind reset (keybind modifications, or issue in your bindings). If it resets evvery week it is a problem but if it occurs like for everyone, after an update or after joining a mod like 'be the zed variety pack' it is normal.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I think the key binding issue is generally only after a client update, but the gear thing happens every time. Hopefully it is resolved; it's not a major issue I realize, but it is an annoyance and presumably is fixable. If not going to the gear menu resolves the issue (for now) then I'll try that.

Thanks.

Upvote 0