• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] The "Fuuuuuu" Day Thread (Crappy Day Thread)

Best thing to do against depression is get drunk and meet new people.

Nope. At least concerning the getting drunk part. Like as not, drinking will get you even more depressive.

The best thing to do is trying to act against it, and if you can't, trying to get professional help. Depression is nothing to be ashamed of, and it's treatable.

Upvote 0
To hell with antidepressant drugs and drugs in general. Healthier lifestyle cured my depression.

That's a good solution if it is a Minor Depression (which is a perfectly natural and temporary condition, that most people will experiance atleast once in their lifetime), but it won't do jack if it's a Major Depression, or worse, Chronic Depression (which are much rarer, require treatment in most cases, and come with a pretty scary body count attached).

Depression isen't just one thing, there are degree's of severity to them, and the nasty ones.. you don't want to take that stuff lightly, they kill a lot of people every year.

As someone who has experianced both mild and bad cases of Depression, let me give you guys some advice:

If you feel like you're stuck in a crushing feeling of overwhelming sadness or hopelessness, then what you've got is a Minor Depression, it is temporary, but you can help yourself immensly by eating well and getting some excersise, go for a hike in the woods or something, it really does help.

However, if you become emotionally dead, feel absolutely nothing, not even sadness, when even your family and best freinds mean nothing to you, when your own life means nothing, and your brain starts to interprit every interaction with others as underhanded attacks against you.. then you need to get help, and fast.

Upvote 0
You guys know way too much about depressions ...

/me wanders away

well, I gues that as many membes here have a tad more life experience than the standard computer game audience, chances are higher that they experienced depression of various degrees either themselves or in people close to them...

Upvote 0
That's a good solution if it is a Minor Depression (which is a perfectly natural and temporary condition, that most people will experiance atleast once in their lifetime), but it won't do jack if it's a Major Depression, or worse, Chronic Depression (which are much rarer, require treatment in most cases, and come with a pretty scary body count attached).

Depression isen't just one thing, there are degree's of severity to them, and the nasty ones.. you don't want to take that stuff lightly, they kill a lot of people every year.

As someone who has experianced both mild and bad cases of Depression, let me give you guys some advice:

If you feel like you're stuck in a crushing feeling of overwhelming sadness or hopelessness, then what you've got is a Minor Depression, it is temporary, but you can help yourself immensly by eating well and getting some excersise, go for a hike in the woods or something, it really does help.

However, if you become emotionally dead, feel absolutely nothing, not even sadness, when even your family and best freinds mean nothing to you, when your own life means nothing, and your brain starts to interprit every interaction with others as underhanded attacks against you.. then you need to get help, and fast.

Hey thanks for this post on depression. I cannot thank you enough :)

I just need to get out of my house. I have been in here for about a month or so and have not really socialized beyond the Computer/Skype.

I just need some time to talk to friends and get out.

Upvote 0
Yesterday I installed Company of Heroes and today I spent the whole day updating it. I was happy becuase I just bought Opposing Fronts and Tales of Valor from Gamersgate really cheap (both, $10), and now I'd have the full game.

The ****y part... After I put the keys for opposing front and tales of valor, I found that opposing fronts still locked in the main menu. I can't play neither Operation Market Garden or Invasion of Caen. Tried again to put in the key and the game says that I already have that game.

bb0Bi.jpg

M6BRN.jpg

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! :mad:

I feel scammed

Upvote 0
All around BAD Day

All around BAD Day

Wake up like crap, end of season allergies are keeping me tired, with a runny nose, sneasing, itchy eyes...

This happens every year around this time for about 2 to 3 weeks.

I got to work, I am a tech, I support multiple businesses remotely or onsite.

get to work.
Outlook remains offline, all mapped drives are disconnected, internet works, I can ping the domain controller...

My work computer has a virus, malwarebytes installs, starts the scan then vanishes, tried other cleaning software, they all fail.

Reformat my computer, reinstall it clean.
Rejoin domain, get it up and running again, install all tools, 3 hours wasted.

Support piling up, I feel sick and just feel like going hiding under a rock.

And every ****ing support ticket I have to do, is simply not working properly...

As much as my outlook worked after the fresh install... it failed again...
Even if I scanned and cleaned out my roaming profile, the virus probably did it's damage to registries... Need to scrap local profile and roaming profile and restart configuring everything from scratch...

Why the F*** am I in this field again, couldn't I have gone to be a fireman ?

Then again, if I was this would be the post.

Allergies today, get to the base.
Alarm rings, get to the firetruck... firetruck out of diesel.
Change truck, get to the fire, other truck has no water in it.
building collaps..

Yea, pretty pissed off today.

Reactions: fiftyone
Upvote 0
This ***** upstairs decided she would apply to idols or whatever and went out and got a karaoke machine and shes been singing 2 weeks straight, starts at 9 am takes a1 hour brake and goes straight at it after that:mad: what sucks the most is i cant pinpoint the house shes singing in so i could go in to say couple of nice word to the mad cow:mad::mad::mad:

Upvote 0
This ***** upstairs decided she would apply to idols or whatever and went out and got a karaoke machine and shes been singing 2 weeks straight, starts at 9 am takes a1 hour brake and goes straight at it after that:mad: what sucks the most is i cant pinpoint the house shes singing in so i could go in to say couple of nice word to the mad cow:mad::mad::mad:

Go door to door. If you get the wrong apartment just explain that you're looking for the mega *****. After a few wrong doors I'm sure you'll have a decent size posse of people just as pissed off storming the hallways looking for her. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: aesdana
Upvote 0
Go door to door. If you get the wrong apartment just explain that you're looking for the mega *****. After a few wrong doors I'm sure you'll have a decent size posse of people just as pissed off storming the hallways looking for her. :D

I like that. Actually did some recon last night and now i know where she lives. Next time im bringing in the heavy **** :IS2:

Upvote 0
Accidentally turned off all my USB ports, which sucks pretty hard if you only own USB devices including the keyboard and mouse. So I had to get a USB to PS2 adapter (didn't have one of those either :mad:).

To quote Jagged Alliance 2: "Time to take out the trash" (the trash is my mainboard and its BIOS)

That sucks. Didnt even know you could do that:D

Upvote 0
im fed up of lying on my back since 21 of july, in a hospital. Had a really bad motorcycle accident, nearly got paralysed, cant move my right leg atm because of broken knee and left one feels just numb but i can move it to atleast some extent. Also 5 broken ribs, collapsed right lung, damaged liver, lost my pancreas, sum minor dmg to kidneys, had 10 litres of blood pumped out from my chest, damaged my spine a bit have screws in the last 3 vertebras now. Quess i can celebrate my second birthday now

Now pull an Adam Jenson and get augmented into a super soldier.

Reactions: Nezzer and DraKon2k
Upvote 0
thieves broke into our cottage & stole a canoe & and my first ever gun ( air rifle actually ), and a bottle of wine...

Im in the stages now of looking around for someone trying to sell either, then finding out where to put their body after I've dealt with them....

Colt, any news about the FC2 modification you were doing?

Upvote 0