• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] The "Fuuuuuu" Day Thread (Crappy Day Thread)

It really depends. If they're in a bad position you might have incredible pain later on, if there's no problem and it isn't sore yet either then you might have no pain at all(like me, had upper left one removed last wednesday). In any case you'll be very limited in opening your mouth properly for a few days and therefore will have some trouble speaking and eating proper food.

Upvote 0
I wasn't knocked out, i prefer just a local anaesthetic. The surgeon (he's not a dentist, but a ****ing butcher I reckon) struggled with both of the teeth because they were so large and because they were horizontal. He ended up breaking them up whilst they were still down in the jaw by drilling and what I could only guess was a clamp to break them.

This does sound pretty bad but the anaesthetic really did its job and the pain was minimal. Between all the noise and that you can't quite tell when the tooth actually comes out, but I know that just before you hear a bit of a squeak and a crunch.

But you can never escape pain. I recommend taking the painkillers you will be prescribed about 2 hours after the operation. The anaesthetic will still be in play but trust me, you do not want a 20-30min lapse in numbness.

Drakon is right. Eating is a ***** and opening your mouth wide is impossible. The only thing I might say is that the upper wisdom teeth are less painful than the lower ones.

Worst of all though? Looking like a ****in hamster for a week.

Upvote 0
While attempting to safe old data from my old broken HDD(did not succeed) I managed to pretty much destroy the SATA port of my 1TB HDD(600GB used). I am pretty close to exploding.

*edit* Alright managed to get the HDD back on but it'll probably only last for some days at best, copying all my stuff to an external HDD.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OK - I resigned my dayjob (not RS, mind you ;)) and on the same day someone inserted PHPShell and a spambot in the images folder of an old version of OSCommerce sitting on one of the darker reaches of my server.

The server's several million inodes filled up with log spam pretty quick and the server went tits up. Seems it was a Russian spammer as all the mails were going to Russian addresses and names.

Took me quite a while to trace the problem. Now all email on my server is classified by gmail as spam and, as gmail is automated, I just have to wait for it to sort itself the f*** out. Usually takes 2-3 days. Thanks Google. :mad:

Upvote 0
For some inexplicable reason, my little cousin (he's 9) has just arrived at my house for fathers day BBQ with a violin and he's terrible.

WTF? Beer please.

Not often I quote Pride & Prejudice but this seems quite a good one to use with the 9 y.o.

"That will do extremely well, child. You have delighted us long enough."

Upvote 0
Was in a PC hardware shop today to buy a new 2TB HDD. The unfriendly fat and ugly shopkeeper nerd who pretty much looked like Gabe Newell, but with aids and lepra, said they were out of bags so I had to carry the raw HDD home in my hands with sun shining 30min on it on the subway. Not buying from there anymore. (They also lost my order last week and had to re-order it, which is the main reason why I'm angry)

Upvote 0
0955- get the call that I didn't get the new job I wanted.

1000-1200- took an exam that I'm sure I failed. (torts- I'm going to law school now.)

1204- car #3 in a 4-car pileup. Stopped in traffic, some cocksucker with only one arm and the worlds worst combover plows into the car behind me, which pushes meninto the car infrint if me.

1523- drunk out or my skull, so days not a total loss

1524- out of cigarettes, too drunk to go buy more

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Spoiler!

My car is the white Saab. Damage could have been worse, I suppose. The Altima is the car that I got pushed into. The Acura is the one that started the whole thing off, hitting a Lincoln (not pictured) and pushing it into me. I suppose I should be grateful that Lincolns are so freaking huge ... it absorbed most of the impact.

Damned Acura was going waaaay fast.

Damage to my car and the one I bumped into are circled in red. The damage to the Acura ... I didn't bother.

I'm a little annoyed at the guy driving the Lincoln, though - he had acorn nuts on his license plate. That's what punched those perfect little hexagonal holes in my bumper.

Upvote 0