• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

[Image] The "Fuuuuuu" Day Thread (Crappy Day Thread)

slavek

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 4, 2006
UnrealEd: Viewport #1
Are you having a

Day? Post the details here so others can find entertainment in your misery.

So this last Friday, my new motherboard caught fire. Luckily was able to save my HDD however windows decided to be a bicth and would not install correctly forcing me to get a new HDD to install windows on so I could boot. Finally finishing up by reinstalling Red Orchestra, installing windows updates and ghosting in preparation for the next crisis.

slavek

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 4, 2006
One of the transistors must have shorted and set fire. I think I'd rather get sprayed by a skunk than get that nasty oily blue smoke on me(At least the skunk musk will come out eventually;))

Rak

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 23, 2005
D
So this last Friday, my new motherboard caught fire. Luckily was able to save my HDD however windows decided to be a bicth and would not install correctly forcing me to get a new HDD to install windows on so I could boot. Finally finishing up by reinstalling Red Orchestra, installing windows updates and ghosting in preparation for the next crisis.
Just curious, did you overclock something?

Klaus

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 22, 2006
Israel, Tel-Aviv
There is a new policy at work over here where you need to get a parking sticker on your car. If you dont do it, the "Parkinglot Manager", a 120 years old zombie would put a red giant sticker (that is really REALLY hard work taking off) on your window.
After wasting time at "The transportation office" I managed to get my parking sticker.. the following day I park proudly in the parkinglot only to discover the zombie has put the giant red sticker all over the window where the the parking sticker was!!!
and not only that someone bumped my car from the right!!
and not only that, driving home so furious i drove in a wall corner and got some paint off the left side..

I swear if that Parkinglot zombie was around I would've killed him and cleaned the sticker with his blood and my vengence.

Floyd

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 19, 2006
Waterproof
www.ro50pc.net
One of my guys hooked the guy wire on the electrical service pole at one of my grain bin locations. He broke the top of the pole and pulled 3-phase 480v current on top of one of the bins. Its a good thing no one was around the bin or touched it before the utility company arrived.

I gave the moron specific instructions about not clipping around the grain bins with that big bush hog. The instructions went in one ear and out the other. All I got from him was "I'm sorry. I made a mistake." Yeah, about a $5k mistake.

He can work it off or quit. Its up to him. I hope its the latter..:mad:

kablooie!

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 21, 2010
toronto
AC is broken. its ****ing 90 degrees in my room. this is toronto, canada... not houston. my computer doesn't like it.

Capt.Marion

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 12, 2006
Beantown
One of my guys hooked the guy wire on the electrical service pole at one of my grain bin locations. He broke the top of the pole and pulled 3-phase 480v current on top of one of the bins. Its a good thing no one was around the bin or touched it before the utility company arrived.

I gave the moron specific instructions about not clipping around the grain bins with that big bush hog. The instructions went in one ear and out the other. All I got from him was "I'm sorry. I made a mistake." Yeah, about a $5k mistake.

He can work it off or quit. Its up to him. I hope its the latter..:mad:
At least he's still around to make that decision. I'd be willing to bet it would fall at your/your company's feet if he wound up under the bush hog or short circuiting 480v straight to ground....

slavek

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 4, 2006
At least he's still around to make that decision. I'd be willing to bet it would fall at your/your company's feet if he wound up under the bush hog or short circuiting 480v straight to ground....
Maybe he should wish he was chewed up and burned when he has to face his boss about how bad he screwed up. :rolleyes:

Crusher

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Belgium
Got a job 2 months ago in a sportshall. Now, I'm not a guy who's quick to be motivated to work but I actually liked that job. It was pretty much the perfect job for me but it was only a temporary job, to fall in for a guy who got sick.
Today I was getting ready to go to work when half an hour before I leave I get a phonecall from the big boss from the cityhall. Telling me that the guy returned and the rules are they can't have 2 guys have the same function so I got fired. That another collegue got sick and won't return anymore is apperantly not of their concern.

A-tree

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 3, 2006
UK
Got a bolocking at work for making a cheese sandwich.
Both senior people who told me off were drunk as ****. Slightly anoying.

Oh, and accused of stealing...

Last edited:

Tomcat_ha

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
last night i saw mosquitos for the first time this year.
ive already been stung once.

:G