• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Full Killing Floor Story!

coolstory.jpg

Upvote 0
Thanks again for all the support folks, in case you hadn't heard No Glory is writing out a full dialogue version of my story (with my help if I ever get a spare moment out of that turd hole we all know and love as work :)). Anyway here it is if you wanna get a taste for it:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=44231

BTW, does anyone know if there has there been any word on fixing the KF-Story Mode in the retail game? Would love to see the orignal campaign redone in modern graphics (Although I dunno if YoYoBatty fixed the bugs in his version http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=42729)

And of course it would be awesome to see some of the other key points of the KF story remade by some of our best mappers. I know the initial outbreak would be a sick part of the story to try and survive in :)

Upvote 0
Yeah its the original KF mod, it is really fun because its actually pretty scary :)

It would be awesome if there was an full version of it on the retail version, YoYo's port was actually seriously heart stopping. Stalkers had my balls in my throat on a number of occassions :p

Although I know YoYoBatty is (planning on?) working on perfecting his port so we might actually see it in all its true glory... although I imagine its alot more work for the cutscenes cause I think he'd have to make them again from scratch :)

Upvote 0
Yeah its the original KF mod, it is really fun because its actually pretty scary :)

It would be awesome if there was an full version of it on the retail version, YoYo's port was actually seriously heart stopping. Stalkers had my balls in my throat on a number of occassions :p

Although I know YoYoBatty is (planning on?) working on perfecting his port so we might actually see it in all its true glory... although I imagine its alot more work for the cutscenes cause I think he'd have to make them again from scratch :)

I am waiting until YoYoBatty finishes, so I don't spoil the scares:D

However, if I know that many of us would actually do work in order to help the cutscenes and such return. And that, coming from me, is rare.

Upvote 0
Sorry I just had to bump this again. I just reread it after about 6 months without even looking at it, and I had pretty much totally forgot everything that I had written. Was like reading another persons work :p

Looking at it there are places you can tell I rushed a little bit, but otherwise I'd say I'm really happy with it. I was gonna upload a Word file, but the limit is 19.5Kb, and I needed 99Kb. If anyone would like a Word 2003 version I can probably upload it via file front or something. Is Filefront only temporary btw tho?

Upvote 0
I thought you would correct some of the errors this time around. For instance, all versions of the mod and even the short description in the retail game make it quite clear that Masterson was never a real person. He was always entirely a creation of Horzine that had somehow been subversively implanted into the DRF to sabotage their efforts, hence why "his prior military service seems virtually non-existent." Read some of his lines from KFMod 1.0 for more obvious indications of this. He plainly states "they created me" and that he was "their last experiment before the outbreak."

Upvote 0
Is a fair point dude. He does actually say he is a clone, but there are a couple of inconsistencies in the original story. Right off the bat this puzzles me, because who is he a clone of? This implies he must have been a real person to start with. This does fit with the "Created by Horzine" line in the mod, since as a clone he will have be made by horzine, but someone will have had to have existed for him to be cloned from. A modification I would make is Masterson was kileld during the outbreak and the clone was made from his remains :)

Also the story I have read indicates that he escaped from Horzine via the sewers to try to get revenge on his mad creators. This doesn't work if he entire reason for being created was to destroy the DRF. He completed this task without question and at no point shows any intent of fighting his creators.

Although looking back on it, it would seem some of the sources I have pulled my information from have been altered or are completely missing. Like the clot and its history as a replacement for Kevins lost son, the page about Kevin before he became the Patriarch is gone completely.

I have only ever played the campaign of the mod the rest I have had to piece together from various other sources, these sources may well have been wrong, so I'm not surprised there are inconsistencies.

This was the story as far as I could understand it. When I look at the information strewn across websites now, Kevin seems more like a mad man rather than person who has snapped after losing everything.

I have to admit I am not as big a fan of this tone in the story, but far as I can tell it seems the more accurate to the mod. It kind of has that Resident Evil "because we can" approach to releasing a zombie outbreak, rather than a chain of events that culminates in the release of the specimens.

So I'd be quite happy for someone to have a new whack at it, because from what I can see, everything I really liked and thought was clever and unique about the story seems to be incorrect :)

Upvote 0