• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Full Killing Floor Story!

In UT2004 you cud make players run to a point, shoot at a target, complete in an objective, you name it, all in Matinees. This is also possible in Killing Floor with a good use of scripted triggers and opening the game through a console command and adding ?Game=KFMod.KFCinematicGame to the end of the map you wanna open. Example: Open KF-BioticsLabMatinee?Game=KFMod.KFCinematicGame

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hehe, its cool to see all the awesome feedback. Can I ask TWI if stickying this would be possible? Would kinda be a shame if all that work was to get buried into the forums, judging form peoples reactions :)

Well... actually if I'm honest I'm just shamelessly bumping this thread, but hey ho :D

All that effort to join those pieces of info into a story should deserve a sticky.

Upvote 0
For all the flack people are giving retail KF here, just by watching the single-player campaign videos there, the biggest issues with the old KF rear their ugly heads.

-Too dark (And the darkness is used to hide lack of detail)
-Enemies have odd animations (They appear to be "Skating", at least to me)
-Guns are woefully weak

The retail is leaps and bounds above that and if TWI wanted to, I'm sure they could rig up a nice and creepy single-player campaign for it.

That said, the story is a very interesting read...

Upvote 0
I think I'm going to have to reinstall the mod (and UT2K4) after reading that, great job putting it all together.

I had a lot of stuff wrong; I always imagined Kevin as being more evil than that. I had thought he was a hardcore misanthrope who had been planning to become the Patriarch from the very beginning of his research. But then, I also thought the specimens were clones of natural born humans who had been abducted and experimented on, not grown from scratch in a tank of bacteria.

I totally agree that the original KF was much scarier and darker, playing the 2005 maps alongside the new ones you can see the difference is night and day.

But remember the original campaigns ur playing ALONE not with people like u would do now.

However having played the original KF for ut2k4 I do remember actually being "scared" when I was walking through the stages of the map fearing that a specimen or specimens may pop out. It was like I was playing a horror FPS, now if those elements were to be incorporated into KF i wouldn't mind paying 10 dollars just for that because to me that is like having a near brand new game.

Upvote 0
Because it's not discussing the game itself but rather the story behind it.

If someone writes a Red Orchestra story it belongs to the off topic section, unless he suggests it as a possible story for the campaign.

I'm not making waves here, and you'll have to forgive my ignorance... but it is the entire story of Killing Floor as we know it, I didn't write it as a totally new custom story, its a document pieced together from all information I could find about the orignal mod, the profiles of the specimens, and even TWI's own published set up for the game.

It essentially shows the entire Killing Floor history from its very beginnings right up to the point where the player joins the game and takes on the Patriarch. I dont want to nit pick or anything, but isn't the Killing Floor story part of the Killng Floor game?

I wouldn't have challenged it being moved here until I read the line "unless he suggests it as a possible story for the campaign". I'm not suggesting it as a story for the campaign... it IS the story for the campaign, just written out in full instead of just bits. I have added a few things here and there to flesh it out, but adding and altering things is easy, there is no way on earth I'm creative enough to write a brand new story from scratch. I'm pretty sure all calssic KF mod players will agree that except for 1 very small arguable mistake I made on the gorefast story, its true to the story Killing Floor was built on. :)

I'm not too fussed if it stays here, I've still got the original and at least most of the Killing Floor people I know have read it... and enjoyed it. That being said it would be shame for it to get lost into the depths of the forums out of line of potential new fans of KF. I mean I spent over 5 weeks between work and other commitments writing it out, so I'm sure you can understand if I'm a little miffed ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
this reminds me of that time when i posted a thread in the HoS section, asking if there will be advertisements ingame, and it was QUICKLY moved to ideas section just so ppl wouldnt see it as much. yet all the other threads asking when a release date is, or if tanks will be in the game, etc, still remain there.

seriously, TW's mods move stuff to get it out of ppls attention.

keep in mind everyone was asking for it to be a sticky, thats when it was moved, there was no problem with this thread before.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
seriously, TW's mods move stuff to get it out of ppls attention.

keep in mind everyone was asking for it to be a sticky, thats when it was moved, there was no problem with this thread before.

Well I'd rather get an answer from TWI before I jump to a conclusion, but if thats true... that really sucks. A simply no would have been fine, I wouldn't think any less of them. Might message one of them regarding it if we get no response for a while :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0