• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The fountain in Steamland is death. Crazy spawn death

nutterbutter

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Biotics lab has nothing on the fountain in Steamland. On more than one occasion, I've run around the fountain, seen specimens drop in front of me, turned around, seen more specimens spawn directly behind me, turned back around, and watched more specimens jump off the walls around the fountain.

Instant death.

I kinda like it. It sets up a definite kill spot in the game but watching 20 specimens drop in a few seconds in a bit disconcerting.

And yes, the zerker can run out of the ambush quite easily. Other perks, not so much.

Biotics lab has nothing on the fountain in Steamland. On more than one occasion, I've run around the fountain, seen specimens drop in front of me, turned around, seen more specimens spawn directly behind me, turned back around, and watched more specimens jump off the walls around the fountain.

Instant death.

I kinda like it. It sets up a definite kill spot in the game but watching 20 specimens drop in a few seconds in a bit disconcerting.

And yes, the zerker can run out of the ambush quite easily. Other perks, not so much.

You forgot the bunny medic...

Upvote 0
I've been hanging around this spot for fun. If you position yourself properly you'll get stuff coming through the entrance that comes from the spawn. Sometimes some monsters spawn around the fountain but usually it's no big deal and since the update, they've just walked away from me. I literally have to shoot at them and be like HEY ZEDS. OVER HERE. COME AND GET ME. or they just seem to wander away.

It's a very strange change I think they borked something unintentionally to be honest. Usually when you're the only player in LoS to them they are aggro'd onto you. Anyways this fountain I find is the most dangerous with 2 or more players there. You get what seems like a steady stream of crawlers and stalkers from the cafe and every escape has you walking right past spawn traps.

It's an interesting new map, I think it'll catch on like ice cave and abusement park intead of being sent to the 'meh' graveyard like hillbillyhorror and hellride.

Upvote 0
If you stand closer to the park entrance it isn't so bad, but the best spot would have to be the roof area where you can stand on the umbrella?

At least it's the best spot i've witnessed so far, not when you get 3 FPs on the front and then accidentally kill them all too far from the trader :mad:

Upvote 0