The formal Tripwire announcement:

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[TW]Wilsonam

VP, Tripwire Int.
Oct 17, 2005
Roswell, GA
www.tripwireinteractive.com
This one should be finding its way out across the web, but to save everyone hunting for it, here you go!

Roswell, GA. 4th May 2009: Tripwire Interactive is pleased to announce Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad, the sequel to the hit PC title Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45, winner of multiple awards: Voodoo Extreme

PNV

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 21, 2006
The Peninsula
German singleplayer campaign. Unrivaled attention to accuracy and detail. Co-op. Hell yes.

I wonder how some certain people are going to feel about that though, but I don't care, and neither should they. I mean, we get to play as the Germans in RTS campaigns and whatnot. I'm glad you guys took that step forward to bring us something we've never experienced before.

PNixon

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 4, 2009
June 2009 issue? You sure? I've had the US June 2009 issue for a few weeks and it's not in there. Perhaps its the July issue.

Murphy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
liandri.darkbb.com
A German campaign with co-op?:eek:
(I hope this isn't the same joke Epic pulled with UT3. If it's indeed true, bricks will be shat!)

mistk�fer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Berlin
But there isn't any WW2 First Person Shooter that has a german single player campaign. That makes RO even more unique than it is already! And with the new UE3 I think RO2 could become a bestseller, which TWI definately deserves!

[RO^CHINA]*gd1944

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 3, 2009
China
bbs.dod-g.com
Oh, yes. I was waiting for this. :D
But anyway, I hope the Soviet Campaign be made better than the fascist's.
Will there be the mass counter-attack part from both flanks in the later phase of the historical campaign?

mistk�fer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Berlin
He's right, the single player mode in BF is just like in RO, no campaign, just fighting stupid bots on multiplayer missions. But there's never been a WW2 FPS with a real german campaign.

mistk�fer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Berlin
I think the planes will be like in some RO maps, they will just fly over you for immersion but won't be playable. Can't imagine that TWI would build maps with planes just because they would have to be huge, otherwise you would fly over the map in a few seconds

mistk�fer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Berlin
that could really add a lot of tension if you play as russian and your company gets attacked by some stukas... lets bring the hell on earth :)