• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Sport] The Euro 2008 Thread

Germany-Spain, can only be good.

Franco and Adolf playing "pick up sticks" :D.

I vote for Germany but only because they lost the war, always ad a soft spot for the unterhunds (excuse my French)!
FFS why do you(not partically you but many people doing it here) always have to associate every piece of **** with ww2 or fascist regimes? This is football not RO get a life :mad:

As for the game, I thought it was pretty clear actually before the game already because Russia was probably the favourite and they don't play well with the pressure on their shoulders. As for the final, well I hope germany wins. Spain plays the better football no doubt, but imo they just don't have the winner mentality which the germans however have.

Upvote 0
FFS why do you(not partically you but many people doing it here) always have to associate every piece of **** with ww2 or fascist regimes? This is football not RO get a life :mad:

Me, I got a life, its the one that allows me to imagine Franco and Adolf sitting down playing "pick up sticks" while the rest of you(not particularly you but...) are stuck with you nose on the TV tube watching 44 legs running after a ball and thinking all to yourself : this is life... lol.

To be honest, I was hoping for a good ol RO final, Axis vs Allies, heck they could have played the match on the northern fields of Arad, then all I would have to do is jump outa mine tankz, hop on zee roof of the outbuilding, whip out my binoculars and watch the best team win...

Want a life...get a wife.

Upvote 0
poor germany :(

but in the end spain was probably the best team of the whole euro and deserved to win.

Winners:
-Spain ... finally won an international title again after 44 years
-Turkey ... they showed once again that they're a very good team and never give up, they can be proud of themselves
-Russia ... the suprise team, they played the best football together with netherlands and spain

Losers:
-Czech ... Their time is finally over now
-Portugal ... cristiano ronaldo is not enough
-Poland ... that was NOTHING
-France ... this EURO showed that they really need to build up their team from the scratch
-Romania ... missed qualifying for the quarter finals eventhough they had a great oppurtunity to do it
-Sweden ... too old, too unattractive(the players, different story about the fans, the female ones)
-Greece ... FAILURE

Somewhere in the middle:
-Germany ... they made it to the finals but in the end they lost it. they have great potential however
-Austria ... we didn't really achieve much, but we fought, and the country was proud on our team
-Switzerland ... same like above, just that they actually won a game(portugal)
-Croatia ... a very intelligent team with good potential, unlucky against turkey
-Italy ... not as good as 2006 but not bad either. they lost against the euro winner spain
-Netherlands ... played the best football after spain, but in the end it didn't help and they lost against russia

Last edited:
Upvote 0
All the pundits and what not in the UK are being quite harsh against the German side. The victims of mis-management, and a little slack defending imho - Taking off Lahm is a mistake, if you want to put someone else (Jansen) at left back put Lahm into left midfield, put podolski centre forward with Klose, and take off Friedrich & Hitzelsperger with Odonkor on the right.

They seem to have forgotten that Germany were runners up in WC 2002, 3rd place in the WC 2006 (the WC they hosted, and imo, the greatest WC of my lifetime), and getting to be runners up in Euro 2008. As a footballing country that's an amazing achievement.
However "poorly" you think they played. They showed throughout the contest that they didn't need masses of posession or several attempts in order to get a goal. And they didn't just score shabby or jammy goals either.

Spain deserved winners in the end however, the most consistant team of the tourney by far. Something which couldnt be said for Holland, Russia or any other of the fancied teams.

Unfortunately this does mean that every Liverpool fan with be insufferable...more so.

Last edited:
Upvote 0