• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Sport] The Euro 2008 Thread

Friedrich stepped on his foot, or rather his boot. Not his ankle.

Yeah he was obviously faking it, but once he lost the situation and saw he didn't get any referee attention, he started faking it. You can see he wasn't clear which leg to hold on :rolleyes:. Still he get's special attention on these things and like I said he makes it look like totally obvious.
I think it's pathetic that you have to do the usual drama show to get the referees attention on fouls. Same as on icehockey where players whining seems to affect on how the referee gives their judges.

I think the whole filming things has been really well handled on this Euro tourney, referees have been more strict on things than on WC 2006, where the whole thing was really sad to watch. I just hope things would get even more strict and referee would even give warnings on players who fakes their injure(or after the match they would get warning, if the video shows that they weren't hit at all).

I really don't like Italy's, France's or German's game at all. I know it's really good and strict, but that's also its problem. I hope Holland will win and show that a good attacking style game can make it, instead of pacing your game more on the defence aspect(don't know if this is interely true, but every time I watch these countries game they all seem to play very "stuck" ball game). This is all my opinion and meant as no offence to these teams supporters, maybe it's one of those stuck on your head things, but whatever.

I agree on the whole Ronaldo not being very sportman, but I think he loves this game and does everything possible to Portugal to win. And that's why I love the Portugal's game, they all seem to be really passionate on this game and care whether they win or lose(plus their coach lives up with the team). And the fact they play on the ground instead on the air and play on short passes to make goals, which is extremely entertaining to watch. Instead of fast counter attacks and then defending, they have the situation on for several seconds/minutes and it feels like their goals are 'hard work' goals.

Portugal's defence lacked and they made many mistakes where German could literally get free run on their goal. Germanys first goal was very good, best so far, I can't deny that. Nani was really good and I wonder why he doesn't have bigger role on the Portugal's game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Seriously, Germany's game is far from defensive. If anything that's our most lacking part (and also Portugals). If you've watched the game yesterday, you should've seen that it was pretty open and aggressive from the first to the last minute.

I disagree. Germany defended the middle field well and Portugal really had to push it to make past it. Portugal had many good opportunites, but Germans defence always got in the way in the last second. Portugal had to make lots of passes just to even brake the tight German defence and lost ball many times by trying to do so.

Upvote 0
I watched the match in town, and when the Turks won they all drove out with their cars with Flags out their windows. -_- It was chaos.

They surely know how to party. One guy died and 16 were injured in Turkey :eek:

Edit. Wow, this game is good so far. Plenty of situations on both sides, intense and fast.

Last edited:
Upvote 0