[Sport] The Euro 2008 Thread

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Bolt

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 2, 2006
In the steppes of Crimea
I really thought that Holland will be the new Champion this year, so I didn't have lots of faith to this match, to be honest.. And boy am I glad I was mistaken!

Nestor Makhno

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 25, 2006
Penryn, Cornwall
Well I am glad to see the Croats got knocked out - if only because all the Croats I know who are active on this forum (that's 1, actually) have been such dicks about winning - like the word 'sportsmanship' has no translation into Serbo-Croat.

A bit torn about Holland losing to Russia here - I actually wanted both sides to win, if only because Russia are underdogs but Holland had provided some of the best performances of the competition (up till now).

Man, Torbinsky must have been flattened by that 22-man pile-on after he scored - poor bugger. Still, he's got a 1-match ban to recover :p.

fOgGy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 25, 2006
If Russia wins does it mean it will be the first time they win the European cup now that they are no longer under Soviet rule ?

Bolt

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 2, 2006
In the steppes of Crimea
I was rooting for Italy - they looked weaker than Spain, and the winner of this couple will play Russia in semi-final. So I can't say I'm happy because Spain made it, however they really deserved it - they've shown good football so far (except yesterday's game, it was quite boring).

Now looking forward to Germany-Turkey match. :)