• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Elder Scrolls V

I'm starting to see some major design flaws in this game that were not present in Oblivion.

It seems that the game relies too much on the "random" factor, with very few crafted quests, and most of them ends up sending you to a dungeon. Oblivion was much more varied, when they send you to speak to people in other towns and houses. This one is dungeon, dungeon, dungeon and more dungeon. They somewhat make up for it with the awesome main storyline... but then it fails with the inferior and shorter guild story lines.

The combat and the visuals and many other things are far improved over its predecessor... but the overall feel of the game is starting to fall behind it after 60 hours of play. I'm seeing a lot of patterns in this game, patterns that were not present in Oblivion or Morrowind.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm having a weird issue. Sometimes in the middle of a fight, the game minimizes to desktop. It happens when I move the mouse to the edges of the screen and click to attack.

Looks like I'm clicking outside the game window and hitting the windows desktop. It's getting annoying :(

Maybe you have some apps running in the background that steal the focus when you accidentally click on them? Skype notifications work like that and it's pretty annoying imo -_-

Upvote 0
At least they're not asking if someone stole your sweetroll in a condescending voice.

Just killed a dragon...absorbing its soul..."Let me guess...someone stole your sweetroll."

Or "Guard might get nervous" the very second after you killed a dragon. God forbid my weapon didn't sheath immediately like a scripted AI sequence.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why does everyone keep telling me I look like sh*t and probably have some disease? Is it because I'm black!!? Ehh? Bloody Nord racists.

Everywhere I go it's like
"Oh dear, are you feeling allright?"
"Are you OK, you look ill."
etc etc :(

Go to a holy shrine OR buy a "Cure Disease" Potion from an apocathary
Pray/Ingest
???
Profit!

Upvote 0
ZfTlN.png

Upvote 0
Yeah I find the active effects are more mysterious this time around. I guess in a way that's better since you don't know the exact moment you got a disease (I mean it tells you, but its harder to spot than it was in Oblivion for me for some reason) just like this cold I have right now...and carry weight isn't related to any stat since there are no stats, and a lot of the diseases messed up your strength which you would notice immediately if your carry weight was lessened.

But yea, if people tell you you look tired you haven't slept in a while, if they make a comment about you looking sick or smelling bad you have a disease.

Upvote 0
Why does everyone keep telling me I look like sh*t and probably have some disease? Is it because I'm black!!? Ehh? Bloody Nord racists.

Everywhere I go it's like
"Oh dear, are you feeling allright?"
"Are you OK, you look ill."
etc etc :(
Yea I got that too. Seemed I had rock shivers or something, some disease you can get from wolves. You can see it under magic > active effects.
25% less dmg from melee weapons. I always wondered why I did so little damage until I visited a shrine.

Reactions: Shadrach
Upvote 0