• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Elder Scrolls V

Is the third time you answer to my post in a different way, leaving some days in between, and you just keep coming for more.

Does it irk you that much? Now you have to attack it in some other senseless way without naming BF3 hoping to not get it deleted by mods this time?

To answer your question I said "Some PC only games" I never said that ArmA was a "proper" PC game or that a proper one should **** your computer up. I just say that some PC only games do that, and had they been released on consoles, they would have been better optimized because devs wouldn't be able to get away with a poor performance.

Does that mean that a PC game can't be well optimized? Absolutely not. But is like a shield for lazy devs who can't be arsed by optimization, and nowhere I recall mentioning TWI among them.

I really don't understand the objective of your post other than trolling as always. Cause It really had nothing to do with what I said or meant, and you know it.
FYI the first post I deleted myself, the second one I reported myself because you completely derailed the thread. And I'm not attacking you either, you're the one with the childish attitude, just read through your post.

Now that we're done with that - you implied that BF3 is not a real PC game because it does not feature mod-tools. Which is wrong as it is developed on PC first and then later on downscaled to fit the consoles. Not to include mod tools is either really a technical limitation(doubtful) or simply a business decision. That does not mean it's not a proper PC Game.

Skyrim is being developed with 360 as lead-platform and the main focus definitely lies on the consoles as many of the Bethesda staff already said.
And what does console optimization have to do with PC games running better? Console optimization is a hundred times easier as you only have to optimize it for one single setup/two if it's multiplatform. Whereas on PC you have millions of different set-ups. So it's really just a matter of where the company that is responsible thinks optimization is necessary. I know lots of console ports that look crappy yet run with horrible performance on PC.

And personally I wouldn't mind if I had to upgrade my PC every 2-3 years if that means there's some proper technical advancement. I'd rather have that than keep playing 2006-niveau games with most of them having boring gameplay as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Now that we're done with that - you implied that BF3 is not a real PC game because it does not feature mod-tools. Which is wrong as it is developed on PC first and then later on downscaled to fit the consoles. Not to include mod tools is either really a technical limitation(doubtful) or simply a business decision. That does not mean it's not a proper PC Game.

I disagree.

What differentiates a proper PC game from a crappy port are: restrictions, lack of options, lack of freedom, and corporative bull****.

I don't give a crap if BF3 ****s your computer up because of the shiny graphics. Everything else around it stinks like restrictive console crap.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the gaming world of 2011 then. Restricting stuff = leaving opportunity for more money. A huge skyrim mod(like the one being produced by the makers of Nehrim) won't hurt Skyrim DLC sales anywhere near as much as BF3 mods would hurt BF3 DLC sales.

Don't get me wrong - I'd love if there were modtools for BF3 and it sucks that there probably won't be any. I played DC & FH for BF1942, PoE for BFV, PoE2/PR/FH2 for BF2 and those mods are definitely keeping the game alive for a very long period. But again -> business decision. If you restrict the community from creating custom content and release DLC instead you gain more control of how long the game will live and therefore when to release the next game. EA needs to take on Activision. Activision is successful with their DLC mappack crap, so EA can't just stand there and don't start with it as well, it would be bad business for them, at least they seem to think so.

With Bethesda it's different really as they are not a company who creates a new huge RPG every year and they haven't really got such huge competition either.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Welcome to the gaming world of 2011 then. Restricting stuff = leaving opportunity for more money. A huge skyrim mod(like the one being produced by the makers of Nehrim) won't hurt Skyrim DLC sales anywhere near as much as BF3 mods would hurt BF3 DLC sales.

Don't get me wrong - I'd love if there were modtools for BF3 and it sucks that there probably won't be any. I played DC & FH for BF1942, PoE for BFV, PoE2/PR/FH2 for BF2 and those mods are definitely keeping the game alive for a very long period. But again -> business decision. If you restrict the community from creating custom content and release DLC instead you gain more control of how long the game will live and therefore when to release the next game. EA needs to take on Activision. Activision is successful with their DLC mappack crap, so EA can't just stand there and don't start with it as well, it would be bad business for them, at least they seem to think so.

With Bethesda it's different really as they are not a company who creates a new huge RPG every year and they haven't really got such huge competition either.

I agree with everything you said here.

The difference is that for me, understanding it, doesn't mean that I have to like it, accept it, support it or defend it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Indeed, from a business point of view, they are most likely right. But I am in no way involved with EA or Activision or any other gaming publisher, so why should I care what is the best for them and what "makes sense" for them to do. What I do care about is my wallet and how much fun I can have when I empty its contents. So yes, as minor as it seems, your decision for buying or not a game like BF3 with all that comes (or doesn't come) with it matters. And of course, we are talking about games here, you won't be commiting treason if you buy it and enjoy it for what it is, but when you see something that you don't like (eg no mod tools) and yet you still defend it just because it's the way things are today, then there is something wrong. They depend on sales so the one buying makes the rules, not the seller.

Reactions: Dcode and Murphy
Upvote 0
i%20came.jpg

Reactions: DraKon2k
Upvote 0
Coulda done without the stupid nerd crowd interaction but its something I guess.
I'm hesitant to call the majority of the people there nerds. By the way they reacted, what they reacted to the most and how they behaved in general left me with the impression of something this:

Spoiler!

Stopped watching the vid cause of the crowd. Gonna wait for the promised official HD release.

Upvote 0