• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The double spread UK PC Gamer Ad...

gusone

Grizzled Veteran
May 2, 2009
Sidcup
steamcommunity.com
Here it is. The double spread advert you have been waiting for. The October 2011 edition. Enjoy... oh and be nice to anyone new who comes to this lovely place after seeing the ad. Remember the more the merrier.

WP_000668.jpg

Pretty epic, although I can't remember the last time I found anything worth reading in a games magazine.

Have to agree especially with PC Gamer. After trawling through 3 long reviews of various shyte MMOs leaving me close to boredom death I turned the page to see the RO2 Ad. It made that month's purchase worthwhile. There's nothing else in it worth reading this month so what's new. Just a bunch of kids swearing a lot and writing purile content.

Upvote 0
I don't touch mainstream gaming mags - but Edge is still quite good :) I read it more for the interviews and retro articles though, and maybe the previews - not so much the reviews.

Also, I'd hate to see physical books - i.e. novels and such - disappear completely. That's a horrible - and not 100% considered action :) I have a gorgeous "coffee table" book full of photos from the Hubble space telescope, and those would not work on crappy little readers. Having the book is also far better than looking at them on a big-screen TV - they're much more vivid and detailed than your average 1080p panel can manage :)

iPads and Kindles might be nice for traveling, but real books still have their place at home for some of us :) I'll always prefer reading a real novel over sliding my finger on a glass display!

Upvote 0