• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The community is one of the worst I've seen.....

Now don't take this the wrong way nutter, because I consider myself a rather passive fellow... but you do realise alot of arguements tend to build up after your posts don't you?

Good. Sparking discussion is always a good thing.

Just ease off the aggression and finger pointing dude, use a little diplomacy expressing your view and you might even have a laugh rather than finding half the community tearing at your throat all the time.

I'm not finger pointing. I am pointing at behavior. Self-described by others behavior.

Look, I have strong ideas. I'm willing to listen to others. You may convince me to change my mind. You may not.

Don't confuse strong opinions for agression. I don't get mad. No point in it.

PS. Under level 5 perks other than SS are useful. Berserker is a good perk to join in as due to speed + knife damage plus a number of his weapons can be found in the map, medic gives you speed, healing and discount on armour at the end of the wave before you switch to your main class, support can quite happily weld a door and keep it shut, even in later waves. There are perks that have alternative boosts that offer different benefits to the player. Plus the SS originally never had the pistol as part of his perk, and he will also be nerfed in the future, you can count on that. The point its down to the players skill, not what perk they pick.

We were talking about joining the game late and not being able to generate cash to buy weapons later. Sure, the knife perk is useful, but in later rounds exactly how much cash are you going to generate? Medic again, sure, but again, how much cash will be generated? Support for welding? Poor players weld doors. Sorry, but that is the truth. I have yet to find ANY reason to weld a door.

As for nerfing the SS, go ahead. I think the game is too easy as it is. That is why I consider the m14 a girl's gun.

As long as the 9mm is the ONLY weapon one spawns with (no, pipe bombs and incendiary grenades don't count) than it only makes sense to play the game as everyone always plays the game "maximize damage during each level." Now someone yahoo is going to say "I have a lvl 6 whatever, but I want to level this other class." Right. So what are they going to do? that's right. They are going to maximize damage as that class.

That's why that suggestion that people play with off class weapons to make the game difficult for their lower level classes was just stupid. That was someone just disagreeing just to disagree.

Someone isn't an idiot if they choose to play a class that doesn't offer them a real benefit upon spawn, they might be looking for a challenge, or simply they identify themselves as that perk and want to stay as that perk no matter what.

Yes they are. They were thinking "I want to be a firebug" (for example) and they log in as a firebug. No weapon and no perks. So then they beg others for money. You know how I know I am right? Because what is the VERY FIRST THING they do when they have the cash? BUY A FLAMER.

Now is it a "rub poo in their hair" kind of idiocy? Of course not. But it is still an idiotic move. Hey, I've done it. (logged in without a weapon not the hair thing). It isn't a big deal except when people won't shut up about begging for cash. And since they only had the pistol, WITH NO PERKS, the next level they don't have any cash so they beg again. Rinse. Repeat.

Upvote 0
There are plenty of reason why you would spawn as a non-sharpshooter Level 1-4:

Ok, let's check out the reasons...

Medic: uber speed, powerful healing with the syringe (you know, what everyone had to use before MP7M), if he finds armour he'll be very tough

Uberspeed 1-4? I don't think so. Here is the fault in your logic and it shows up often. "if he finds" So if the guy is lucky enough to find a weapon. and not any weapon, but a, wait for it, weapon that matches his perks. Yes, I know that armor really isn't a weapon, but I didn't want to use the word 'drop' and every other drop is a weapon, so I'm gonna use "weapon."

Berserker: speed, knife, melee weapon spawn often for him

Knife. Wow. Why not just give him a thermonuclear weapon to use? Oh yeah, not enough damage compared to the knife. Any other wave than 1 and that knife guy is killing 3 things and then running back for heals. Oh, and again, "if he finds" a weapon that matches his perks.

Support: welding, shotgun can spawn, can collect masses of weapons for loadsamoney next round due to high weight limit

Welding? Poor players depend on welding. I haven't ever found a reason to weld a door. Oh, and again, "if he finds" a weapon that matches his perks.

Commando: global weapon reload time decrease, can see HP bar in the dark/smoke (very useful on some maps)

Yeah, he need a faster reload for the pistol that does the absolute minimum damage. Oh, and again, "if he finds" a weapon that matches his perks.

Firebug: fire grenades, Husk blocking

Really? Fire grenades? Husk blocking with partial flame resistance?

Demo: very powerful grenades

Yeah, ok. Sure.

There isn't any reason to log into the game without being able to rely on yourself. It only makes sense to spawn with a weapon with increased damage.

Upvote 0
Knife. Wow. Why not just give him a thermonuclear weapon to use? Oh yeah, not enough damage compared to the knife. Any other wave than 1 and that knife guy is killing 3 things and then running back for heals. Oh, and again, "if he finds" a weapon that matches his perks.
Ya know, the knife can kill all the small zombies with one headshot. Just don't bother against scrakes/FPs or they'll eat ya. Husks are risky, more about timing.

Also I think you just obliterated and pissed on that whole no double posting rule...

Upvote 0
Perhaps you would like to take another minute to explain the irony to me please?

Certainly, it would be my pleasure.

Literary irony is a statement that reveals more of the truth than was originally intended.

So, in this case, you opened up your chain of posts by, in no uncertain terms, calling anyone who does not play by your approved style an 'ABSOLUTE IDIOT'.

Later, you feign offense when mamoo challenges your behavior. You state that 'he has no problems insulting people he knows nothing about.'

It's ironic because you do the same thing, and your statements reveal as much. You insult people you know nothing about for not playing in an approved manner. It's a form of hypocritical irony as well.

That's just what I took away from the conversation, and feedback is always appreciated.

To contribute to the original point:

By far and a way, the co-op vs. bots nature of KF makes most games painless. People typically want to work together. Frequently, unseasoned players, (see: people who are idiots), make for better team-players as they are more open to new ideas and to follow someone else's lead.

But, yes, every online community and game has its share of...well, whatever you want to call it...

Just the other day I joined a normal server to help my friend level, and we had a level 6 commando running around solo kill-spamming everything. Very irritating. On map-change he loaded first and started without the other 5 people that were still loading! I couldn't tell if he was griefing, or just oblivious. When I asked him what he was trying to accomplish - he became hostile. So, we just went somewhere else.

Bottom line is, unless you're the admin, you can't force anyone to play the game the way you would most prefer, but you can always try asking nicely and not getting upset when they ask for dosh.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We were talking about joining the game late and not being able to generate cash to buy weapons later. Sure, the knife perk is useful, but in later rounds exactly how much cash are you going to generate? Medic again, sure, but again, how much cash will be generated? Support for welding? Poor players weld doors. Sorry, but that is the truth. I have yet to find ANY reason to weld a door.

You make a fair point, but that still primarily boils down to skill. I know for a fact that I'm not a very good sharp shooter, I'm too used to the shots on the likes of CSS and what not. However I'm a solid berserker and a good medic. So I would contribute more to the team playing as a class I am skilled at, than one I am not.

Essentially it boils down to is that player going to pull his weight? If he is a bad player, no he isn't, regardless of if he is a level 2 firebug or a level 4 sharpshooter. Playing a level 4 firebug on hard without a flamethrower is a bad move for sure, but a level 4 medic has barely any real cost to his weapons anyway, so it is relative, but still as long as he pulls his weight and helps hold back the horde it shouldn't matter what class he plays.

As long as the 9mm is the ONLY weapon one spawns with (no, pipe bombs and incendiary grenades don't count) than it only makes sense to play the game as everyone always plays the game "maximize damage during each level." Now someone yahoo is going to say "I have a lvl 6 whatever, but I want to level this other class." Right. So what are they going to do? that's right. They are going to maximize damage as that class.

That's why that suggestion that people play with off class weapons to make the game difficult for their lower level classes was just stupid. That was someone just disagreeing just to disagree.

Admittedly deliberately using a weapon that isn't used by your class is a bad move, certainly in suicidal where critical headshots are alot rarer. But then again alot of weapons can be found or bought at near the starting value anyway.

Should a level 4 Commando be considered an idiot because he didn't reach the trader in time when he can buy a Bullpup for a mere

Upvote 0
I'll just put my black shades on for a sec' ( No offense ladies and gentlemen of the black race ) and say:

Dang, dawg! 'Dat is 'sum angry peanut buttah'!

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with the community. It's just, people have unlucky streaks and run into holes where feces come out of.

I used to have that too. Until I made a few friends. (COUGHOLIVIERCOUGH)

And now I see the community as sparkling sunshine.

Upvote 0
I don't understand what everyone is freaking out about anyway. I can decap Clots, Gorefasts, Stalkers, and Crawlers with the pistol efficiently with any class regardless of difficulty.

I honestly DON'T see what any of you are arguing about because it seems minuscule and silly when you boil it down.

Upvote 0
As for nerfing the SS, go ahead. I think the game is too easy as it is. That is why I consider the m14 a girl's gun.

Sexism FTW

Now is it a "rub poo in their hair" kind of idiocy? Of course not. But it is still an idiotic move. Hey, I've done it. Rinse. Repeat.

You, sir, should be a poet. Brilliant figurative language here. Deep, thought-provoking and philosophical.

Welding? Poor players depend on welding. I haven't ever found a reason to weld a door.

Ahahahahahaha. Lv 0 Support Noob. And you don't help your team with welding.

I honestly DON'T see what any of you are arguing about because it seems minuscule and silly when you boil it down.

You can't boil it down because there's nothing to boil.

Upvote 0
i don't want to be sparkling sunshine. i hate sunshine.

Likewise, it might ruin my delicate "indoors" complexion :p

Nah the only thing I don't like about this community is alot of the coolest people are in America/Canada/East Europe and have very bad pings in my UK server, or I have a bad ping in theirs :(

Ah well, alot of them are still better than me even with their high ping :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Likewise, it might ruin my delicate "indoors" complexion :p

Nah the only thing I don't like about this community is alot of the coolest people are in America/Canada/East Europe and have very bad pings in my UK server, or I have a bad ping in theirs :(

most of the kept are from the uk or around there. i'd say the majority of good kf players are from outside north america

Upvote 0
most of the kept are from the uk or around there. i'd say the majority of good kf players are from outside north america
And all the North American players think they are in top minority. Personally I've had the most issues with North American players but mostly because they tend to be the most vocal and in people's faces. But being vocal isn't always a bad thing. Servers outside the US rarely have people with mics in my experience and I think having a mic helps teamwork a ton.

I have high ping in the same town as me. Crappy 256k internet connection barely gets below 150 on the best servers and most 200+. 300 is the absolute limit I can play. Regardless of my ping I always seem to get packet loss too. Sucks when you've been firing at an FP and your connection syncs back up.

Upvote 0