• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Brute :: Final Release

Remember duke, he's only as strong as he is on our servers due to the amount of extra players. :p

Man, don't talk to me like I'm an idiot. It's not about making the Brute easier, it's about making him fit better into KF if WPC really wants it white-listed, or even adopted into the official game.

In KF, everything has a Burning / Panic animation (except maybe Sirens?...). The point is, Scrakes and Fleshpounds have them and usually it actually makes them harder to kill when they do it (because of erratic movement), but it buys time to reload if needed.

As for Stuns, I already said the balance of it would come from determining what causes the Stun animation. Again, the fact is most every enemy has a Stun of some sort. As far as I know, the FP does not have a true stun but he does have to stop & yell when he rages, and has a break in between his rages. The Brute technically does take a break from his rages, sometimes, but it seems like he never stops raging if he's still hitting people. Even the FP doesn't do that. If he's raging and destroying people, he'll still calm down on his own. The Scrake's rage won't end, but he can at least be stunned. There is a balance present.

Edit: If I have to get into the job of suggesting what would cause the Stun, I would think a Berserker landing a Fire Axe to the head probably deserves the stun. You could make a crossbow do it too, but I think that would be unnecessary. It'd be more fun seeing Berserkers practice their melee ambushes on some Brutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: poosh
Upvote 0
It is replacement of fleshpound or a custom monster?
Will it work properly with Marco ServerPerks mutator?

Its not a FP replacement, its an entirely new custom monster; it has its own behavior and stats, and FPs still spawn.

And I'm pretty sure I've seen the two mutators used together, but don't take my word for it.:p

Upvote 0
Ohh thanks.

Btw great mutator! :)

Another question:
Is brute spawns in all maps or I need new specific brute monster maps?

yeah, its coded into the monsters spawns and not onto any specific map, so as long as you have the mutator activated, they will spawn, no matter the map (and yes, that includes custom and community-made maps as well:D)

Upvote 0