• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map The Beta Release Forums

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    This sub forum is for maps that are still under going work but are being released to the general public for testing. Please put a beta number in the title of the post so it is easier to keep track of.

Maps that will recieve no more work belong in the final release sub forum.

A good way to layout the thread is as follows:

Thread Title - Map Name - Beta Number -

Start of thread
    Map Name:
    Beta Number:
    Playable:
    Yes/No
    Pictures:
    Description of map:
    What testing is wanted:
    Map Download/Download Size:

I have to authors of maps the request.
    You would can call from maps bundles in some standardized prepare?
    For example format:

RO-map_name[-V#][-[B[eta]#|RC#]][a|b|c].rom

where:
    [] - optional part
    -V# - the differend map version number of this same name
    -B[eta]# - the version number of Beta or -RC# the version number Release Candidate
    a - fixed revision char

Can use _ or - char (or both).

Don`t added _Final to map name. If file named RO-map_name thisis final version.

This will permit on cataloguing from maps files and settlement on servers supplies.
    I ask about fulfilment datas also LevelProperties/LevelSummary already in first version of map.

Bad: RO-Lubjankow-Schiessbahn-V1-0.rom
    Good: RO-Lubjankow-Schiessbahn-V1.rom

Bad: RO-POW_Train_Escape_b3_1.rom
    Good: RO-POW_Train_Escape_b3a.rom

Thanks.

Sorry for my bad English.

Upvote 0
    I already use Letters for internal Naming, as backups, and there i need more than 10 Subgroups...

But not for open Releases, and using a x.y Way of seperating Versions is the normal way of doing things. And especially since the "Schiessbahn" is a Training Map, which has to be expanded everytime a New Weapon/Tank is included in the Game, it needs a numerical System of seperating Releases.

Upvote 0
    I guess its enough asking for continous logical Map Names :), i agree on not making a Map XXXXXX-final or changing Naming Patterns with every release.

The Schiessbahn will just never be final (have to add Smoke Grenades now for example), but its not a Beta considering other Ranges avaible in other Games. Thus switching from Beta to a V Style.

Upvote 0
    map uploads

map uploads

hi there i have a map ready for testing i need general bugs and server playability test doing the prob is i comes in at well over the 97.7 kb file limit is there any other way of getting this file up so it can be tested :)

Map Name: RO-IndustrialArenaRebuild
    Beta Number: 1
    Playable: Yes
    Pictures:http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d112/ukgraham/Red%20Orchestra/RO-IndusrtialArenaRebuildBeta1.jpg
    Description of map: industrial type arena with buildings bridges arty strikes and vehicals and multiple advancing spawns
    What testing is wanted: general game play and server hosted play
    Map Download/Download Size: .zip 1.09mb .rom 7.60mb

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    1st new map RO-grain elevatorcity ruins

1st new map RO-grain elevatorcity ruins

Map Name: RO-grain elevator city ruins
    Beta Number:1 @90% done
    Playable:
    NoDescription of map: stalingrad grain silo battle area
    What testing is wanted:none as yet
    Map Download/Download Size:unsure at this time
    lighting,spawns n OPtimizing, minor fixes are to be done..
    snap04-1.jpg

snap03-4.jpg

Upvote 0
    Grain Silo_b1

Grain Silo_b1

its been a while since my last post ,finaly i'm about to release my map grain silo _b1 in the next day or so, thanks to [3rd]vivid for his help to get it done..
    stay turned it be here real soon....

September 13 -- early hours on a Sunday, the 6th army and the 4th Panzer attacked, supported by a massive aerial bombardment. At first the assault went very well; within 24 hours the central railroad was under threat. They were also threatening to take the landmark grain elevator.

Upvote 0