The Beta Release Forums

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Yoshiro

In Soviet Russia, Yoshiro is a cake
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
This sub forum is for maps that are still under going work but are being released to the general public for testing. Please put a beta number in the title of the post so it is easier to keep track of.

Maps that will recieve no more work belong in the final release sub forum.

A good way to layout the thread is as follows:

Thread Title - Map Name - Beta Number -

Start of thread
Map Name:
Beta Number:
Playable:
Yes/No
Pictures:
Description of map:
What testing is wanted:
Map Download/Download Size:

Goral

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 14, 2006
www.red.orchestra.pl
I have to authors of maps the request.
You would can call from maps bundles in some standardized prepare?
For example format:

RO-map_name[-V#][-[B[eta]#|RC#]][a|b|c].rom

where:
[] - optional part
-V# - the differend map version number of this same name
-B[eta]# - the version number of Beta or -RC# the version number Release Candidate
a - fixed revision char

Can use _ or - char (or both).

Don`t added _Final to map name. If file named RO-map_name thisis final version.

This will permit on cataloguing from maps files and settlement on servers supplies.
I ask about fulfilment datas also LevelProperties/LevelSummary already in first version of map.

Bad: RO-Lubjankow-Schiessbahn-V1-0.rom
Good: RO-Lubjankow-Schiessbahn-V1.rom

Bad: RO-POW_Train_Escape_b3_1.rom
Good: RO-POW_Train_Escape_b3a.rom

Thanks.

Sorry for my bad English.

Witzig

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 16, 2006
Germany
Well its better to name it V1-0, if you know you're going to release V1-1 and so on... since you can't use "." in the Mapname....

Goral

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 14, 2006
www.red.orchestra.pl
How many subversion can have this map? 1? 5? 10? 20?

RO-Lubjankow-Schiessbahn-V1a.rom
RO-Lubjankow-Schiessbahn-V1b.rom
RO-Lubjankow-Schiessbahn-V1z.rom
this include 24 subversion of this map.

Witzig

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 16, 2006
Germany
I already use Letters for internal Naming, as backups, and there i need more than 10 Subgroups...

But not for open Releases, and using a x.y Way of seperating Versions is the normal way of doing things. And especially since the "Schiessbahn" is a Training Map, which has to be expanded everytime a New Weapon/Tank is included in the Game, it needs a numerical System of seperating Releases.

Goral

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 14, 2006
www.red.orchestra.pl
This is only my suggestion.
My script PHP from Red.Orchestra.pl - Maparea manage Your map name :)
It managed with RO-Lazurbeta and RO-Lazurbeta3, will manage with RO-Lubjankow-Schiessbahn-V1_#.rom :)

Witzig

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 16, 2006
Germany
I guess its enough asking for continous logical Map Names :), i agree on not making a Map XXXXXX-final or changing Naming Patterns with every release.

The Schiessbahn will just never be final (have to add Smoke Grenades now for example), but its not a Beta considering other Ranges avaible in other Games. Thus switching from Beta to a V Style.

Moz

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Could we get the the forum privilages to rename out threads after the set time, instead of having to make a new thread for each version so to alert people it is new, we can just edit the first posts title and have it show up on the subforums.

ukgraham

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 3, 2006
lancaster UK
map uploads

map uploads

hi there i have a map ready for testing i need general bugs and server playability test doing the prob is i comes in at well over the 97.7 kb file limit is there any other way of getting this file up so it can be tested :)

Map Name: RO-IndustrialArenaRebuild
Beta Number: 1
Playable: Yes
Pictures:http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d112/ukgraham/Red%20Orchestra/RO-IndusrtialArenaRebuildBeta1.jpg
Description of map: industrial type arena with buildings bridges arty strikes and vehicals and multiple advancing spawns
What testing is wanted: general game play and server hosted play
Map Download/Download Size: .zip 1.09mb .rom 7.60mb

Last edited:

Doksta

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 18, 2007
Qld
1st new map RO-grain elevatorcity ruins

1st new map RO-grain elevatorcity ruins

Map Name: RO-grain elevator city ruins
Beta Number:1 @90% done
Playable:
NoDescription of map: stalingrad grain silo battle area
What testing is wanted:none as yet
Map Download/Download Size:unsure at this time
lighting,spawns n OPtimizing, minor fixes are to be done..
snap04-1.jpg

snap03-4.jpg

Doksta

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 18, 2007
Qld
Grain Silo_b1

Grain Silo_b1

its been a while since my last post ,finaly i'm about to release my map grain silo _b1 in the next day or so, thanks to [3rd]vivid for his help to get it done..
stay turned it be here real soon....

September 13 -- early hours on a Sunday, the 6th army and the 4th Panzer attacked, supported by a massive aerial bombardment. At first the assault went very well; within 24 hours the central railroad was under threat. They were also threatening to take the landmark grain elevator.