• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

the ball retail question.

yoshimomo

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
i have just purchased a retail version of the ball. it's not a budget re-release or such.

1.) the game dvd case has a sticker-like patch that says: original uncut version.

so my question is; what was cut and from which version? since the game is steam does that mean the steam version is somehow cut? can i overwrite my steam version with this version?

at any rate, something was cut from a version, lest this statement on the case be a lie. ergo, for curiosity's sake i'd still like to know what and which version was cut.

2.) this seems to be a collector's edition package. it has the sound track and a signed postcard.

what are the chances it has the KF dlc? i assume retail pre-orders also had the baller character dlc right? or was that only the steam version pre-order bonus? there is only one code in the box, so maybe not.

If I remember correctly the German (Australian version too?) version had less gore (green blood?). So if you buy the The Ball as a German over steam you will get the low violence version.

If you already have registered a game to your steam account you cannot register it a second time, regardless if there is a low violence and a normal version (you could have simply tried that). But I am not really sure if there is a special low violence version, did you have blood and squishing monsters when you played the game?

I am not sure about the KF pre-order DLC, but I think it was steam only pre-orders. The boxed version came out after the steam release. And even if I am wrong, you cannot register two keys of the same game to one steam account.

Upvote 0
this is what my cover looks like. it's retail uk version.
so it's that sticker that tells me that there must have been a cut version somewhere.

if people really want, they can have a steam game (subscription) removed via a ticket, then activate a new key. so if they really want to revoke a steam game, they can.

tripwire are just nasty. did you know for example that they refuse to accept steam friends, yet they do seem to accept nasty bastards and noobs. i checked out some of the steam friends yoshy and the ceo have, and some are nasty 12 year olds. those they accept, heroes they don't.

the-ball_pac_m.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey what are you implying, I am a steam friend of Yoshiro :eek:;)

I am not 100% sure on this but I think there is no "cut version". Iirc it was first planned for the Germans but then it wasn't necessary. So long story short if you have red blood in your game there was nothing cut especially no content like levels or additional puzzles.

Did it come to your mind that the sticker on the box is just a marketing trick? Making the potential buyer think, this is the best deal they ever will make :rolleyes: Blame the publisher of the boxed version and not Tripwire.

Upvote 0