The Ball always crashes... but not right away?

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

kk1236

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 6, 2011
Hello. Like many gamers, I purchased this game in the epic Steam Holiday Sale. I have been enjoying what little I have played and seen of the game but I seem to have a problem. The game loads, and plays through the cinematic. I fall down the shaft, and get the Aztec Wonder-gun. I then climb the stairs after interacting with the hammer switch.

I then step on the glowing floor switch to open a door, and BAM. Instant crash. This has happened 5 or 6 times, repeatedly, and I have never been able to pass it. If it helps at all, I am actually experiencing a similar problem with Dead Space - I can play for a while, but specific game cinematic sequences cause a crash.

My specs:
Intel Core 2 Quad 2.5 GHz
8 GB RAM
Windows 7 64 Bit
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
No soundcard

All drivers are updated to my knowledge, and I am not running any anti-virus or firewall software. Even Windows Firewall is disabled.

I am excited to experience this game - hopefully you guys can help me out!

Hourences

The Ball Team
Jul 13, 2010
www.TheBallthegame.com
Hi, there is a log file in My Documents\My Games\The Ball\UDkGame\Logs\Launch.log. Can you paste that here or email it to support@theballthegame.com ? I suspect it is the same issue a few other people are experiencing though, log cutting off during the texture config stage. We are looking into that problem at the moemtn.