• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] The "Awwww yeaaah" Day thread ( Uber day thread )

Ello ******S!

Alright so my Awww Fk 'yeah day streak is getting on to a few good days in a row. I'm an Entrepreneur and starting up a small business now. Lots of the ideas I had required lots of expensive machinery and such, so they were shelved. I recently discovered there is a place in the city where I live called a 'makerspace' which is basically a shop with CNC machines, Lathes, woodworking tools, 3d printers ETC ( probably 250,000 - 500,000 worth in equipment ) and you can pay 600$ for a year to get access to this if you are a hobbyist or entrepreneur. :eek:

http://www.assentworks.ca/

Thats the website for the one close to me, anyways turns out there is a BDC ( Business Development something ) contest for 100,000$ for Entrepreneurs here in Canada and the guy who started up the above place is in that contest and plans to use the 100 grand to start up more of those makerspaces & hackerspaces across Canada.

https://www.bdcyoungentrepreneuraward.ca/profile_3.php

BDC Contest linky there, you can vote once per day until the 20th or so if you feel so inclined.

You can vote for who you like in the BDC thing, most of them are all just 'give me 100k for my business' I like this one in that it requests 100k to help other startups. ( + I plan to take mucho advantago of the makerspace here..)

Figuring I should spread the word a bit further I went and made a post on reddit, never really used the thing before so I think I downvoted my own post *:mad:*.

http://www.reddit.com/r/canada/comments/ufrl3/your_daily_dose_of_slacktivism_want_more/

If you feel like giving away some precious upvotes.

Upvote 0
Just ordered Alaric and Atriarch's split LP.

Alaric is based out of the Bay Area (San Francisco, Oakland, etc.) and I love what they have put out. New tunes from them is highly anticipated and wanted. I got a taste of Atriarch, but don't know too much about them. They're good enough to put money on, however.

They play a mixture between Crust Punk and Deathrock and I love it. Think Amebix, Rudimentary Peni, Christian Death, and Part 1.

Anyways, it should be coming into the mail sometime and I'm very excited.

In other news, I went to a Ostfront reenactment south of Richmond, VA. It was my unit, JR208 with a guest from 11th Panzer against "The Red Guard" (formerly 13th Guards). Fantastic small tactical through the woods, sweating our asses off and getting eaten alive by ticks.

It was 6 on 10 and they had some impressive weaponry such as a DP-28 and some PPSH-43s. Very, very cool.

Typically Ostfront is German-heavy, so it was invitation only... Not bad for a year old unit!

[EDIT]
Here's the link to the LP.

http://www.20buckspin.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=1130

Last edited:
Upvote 0
WOOOO!

Yl6EL.jpg

SF Giants pitcher Matt Cain has just pitched the first Perfect Game in Giants franchise history, and only the 22nd ever thrown in baseball history! Infarckingcredible! Congrats Big Daddy Cain!!! History in the making!

Reactions: Shadrach
Upvote 0
I thought as long as your rifle didn't have a magazine capacity of more than 10 rounds you were all set. :confused:

I'm not up to date with their gun laws completely, but at least they aren't as bad as Illinois.

Make sure of the following if it has a detachable magazine:

1) There are no evil features. This includes flash hiders, pistol grips, adjustable telescoping/folding stocks, forward pistol grips or grenade launchers. Muzzle breaks and bayonet lugs are fine.

2) The magazines hold 10 rounds or less.

There might be something I am forgetting but I think that is it. M1As are sold all over here.

Upvote 0
Make sure of the following if it has a detachable magazine:

1) There are no evil features. This includes flash hiders, pistol grips, adjustable telescoping/folding stocks, forward pistol grips or grenade launchers. Muzzle breaks and bayonet lugs are fine.

2) The magazines hold 10 rounds or less.

There might be something I am forgetting but I think that is it. M1As are sold all over here.

Sounds a bit like what a standard gun licence would get your here (Although bayonet lugs are forbidden on all non-historic rifles)

Anyway, I just got my first performance review from work, and my manager is so impressed with me, he's putting me up from temporary, to contract work! Finally got myself a stable job :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Shad, a perfect game in baseball is when the opposing team never gets a guy on base through 9 full innings. This means the pitcher doesnt allow a single hit, he also doesnt 'walk' anybody, and the defense doesnt make any errors. It really is a total team effort, but the pitcher is the one who does the lionshare of work to complete the perfect game.

To give you an idea of how special an achievement it is, a perfect game happens only once in 11,000 games :eek:. Winning the World Series is what every team is trying to do, but completing a perfect game is actually a bigger deal than winning the Championship in a lot of peoples eyes.

There were some really nice plays made by the defense last night which saved the perfect game.. our hearts stopped when this one happened - Gregor Blanco preserves Perfect Game with a diving catch - YouTube
The baseball experts were saying, considering the circumstances, this catch was one of the top three catches ever made.

Here is the end of the game. At this point everybody in the crowd is on their feet (and so am I at home in my living room), you can cut the tension with a knife, some of the Giants players when interviewed later on said they felt like they were going to throw up during the last out, it was such a heavy moment - Matt Cain Completes 22nd Perfect Game in MLB History - YouTube

You can see the little scoreboard at the top left of the screen, it shows all zeros for the opposing team - a perfect game! The woman they keep showing is the pitchers wife. Seriously, I had tears in my eyes at the end of this game.. it really was something special :cool:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Floyd said:
Were I on defense, I'd be praying that the ball not be hit my way. I'd hate to be the one to error.:eek:

I know man, the pressure alone is enough to make a guy screw up!

The Giants manager, Bruce Bochy, made a defensive change an inning earlier. The guy he originally had playing third base isn't as good defensively as the guy you saw make the last play of the game. That last play was a tough one and who knows how it would have turned out if Bochy hadn't of made the defensive switch :eek:.

Upvote 0
This week I went to a unemployment center that will help me find a job somehow, I was in a group of other people with a "disability" employment wise (like a bad back, epilepsy or in my case mild autism, nothing severe) Today was the last day of group talk, we're going to get individual accompaniment from now on. For the last day the group mentor asked us to name all the positive things from eachother and some hints to improve (employment and perhaps on a personal level too).

Everyone in my group was great company, all very social and friendly people who just happend to have bagage that stops people from employing them. We all gave eachother some hints like "be more positive" or "don't overthink everything".
When it was my turn it started good with my positive things: friendly, social, helpful, wellmannered, just a nice person. The best part was when they had to give me hints how to improve myself. No one could give me one, not even the mentor, apperently I'm perfect the way I am, for an autistic person I'm pretty social, I look into people's eyes, I laugh, I participate in conversations and I don't make a big deal out of my "disability".

That certainly made my day.

Reactions: Roland Kaul
Upvote 0
This week I went to a unemployment center that will help me find a job somehow, I was in a group of other people with a "disability" employment wise (like a bad back, epilepsy or in my case mild autism, nothing severe) Today was the last day of group talk, we're going to get individual accompaniment from now on. For the last day the group mentor asked us to name all the positive things from eachother and some hints to improve (employment and perhaps on a personal level too).

Everyone in my group was great company, all very social and friendly people who just happend to have bagage that stops people from employing them. We all gave eachother some hints like "be more positive" or "don't overthink everything".
When it was my turn it started good with my positive things: friendly, social, helpful, wellmannered, just a nice person. The best part was when they had to give me hints how to improve myself. No one could give me one, not even the mentor, apperently I'm perfect the way I am, for an autistic person I'm pretty social, I look into people's eyes, I laugh, I participate in conversations and I don't make a big deal out of my "disability".

That certainly made my day.
From the way I've understood what autism is, I never really saw why it was classified as a disability. Everyone I've ever met with autism could do amazing things, things other people without autism couldn't. And as for the social aspect, I've met people with worse social abilities than those with autism. I'm just no expert on the subject and don't really understand why autism exists as a disability. If someone could explain this to me I'd appreciate it.

That's the part I respect about people deemed to have a "disability": they don't make a big deal about it.

That's good news, man. I'm happy for you!

Upvote 0
I am watching a documentery on Arte tv here in France (also available for German tv).
I've found a link to the original but it is only available in Canada.

http://www.cbc.ca/natureofthings/episode/autism-enigma.html#

Now, I don't know anything about the subject but I was absolutly facinated by the content, (not the right term to use I know).

Not a happy suject.

Last edited:
Upvote 0