• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] The "Awwww yeaaah" Day thread ( Uber day thread )

e5c8efd2.jpg

Got some prints framed. \o/

Upvote 0
@Putz.
What do you mean ?
You driving the car? Or are those work related images.
Is it snow showing.

Hey Putz... Do you remember thee black door, brass knobed, snow flaked photo ?

I'm using it as a Calling Card exercise for my private use, in a comany sponsored "class".
If you know what I mean.

Good work and I hope you don't mind.

:)

Upvote 0
@Putz.
What do you mean ?
You driving the car? Or are those work related images.
Is it snow showing.

Hey Putz... Do you remember thee black door, brass knobed, snow flaked photo ?

I'm using it as a Calling Card exercise for my private use, in a comany sponsored "class".
If you know what I mean.

Good work and I hope you don't mind.

:)

That isn't me driving. And the images aren't work related, they're just something that I feel very proud of. Never had shot, let alone been to a motor race before. Gonna make it a habit. :cool:

Upvote 0
My laptop - HP dv7 with a Phenom II X3 N830, AMD 5650 graphics - died about a month ago, and I'd been putting off replacing it, just using my desktop instead, or my tablet. I thought my wife was going to get me a $65.00 replacement CPU for Christmas.

Well, no.

I got my Christmas present early.

Toshiba Satellite, with i7-2630QM and an nVidia GT540m. Perhaps not quite as much graphics punch as the 5650 ... but I'll take the i7 any day of the week over that AMD chip.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeah!

Reactions: doomis
Upvote 0
For those of us who are not so au fait with US cities...

Going to Boston is a good thing, right? ;)

I guess being trusted to travel unsupervised anywhere is good, tho, so gj.

I guess it's because it's a business trip from Germany to Boston. For us Europeans, travellign across the big pond isn't exactly an every-day-acticity.

Upvote 0
My Class 3 FFL finally arrived in the mail today. I've been using the local gunsmith's license.....not any more.:IS2:

Are you talking about a real class 3 aka Class 3 SOT? Because if you are thats for automatic weapons. I serriously doubt you just got approved for a class 3 SOT.

A FFL 03 is for Curio and relic weapons aka C&R License. Those are easy. Just have a clean record, fill out the application and submit a copy to your local police or sheriff's department chief. A few weeks or a month later you should get everything in the mail. I love my C&R as Im able to buy C&R rifles online and have them shipped to my doorstep via UPS/FedEx or USPS and I dont have to go through a dealer, pay him for a transfer or wait 10 days to pick it up. Its funny because whenever my UPS or Postal service guy sees a long cardboard box...he knows its another rifle lol.

Make sure you have a C&R bound book also and write down exactly where and who you purchased the rifle from or who you sold the rifle to. The BATF does do random audits and checks... I know people where they actually have just showed up on their doorstep unannounced and asked to see their paperwork...gestapo status.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You are correct, THunter. I mis-spoke. I should have said Type 3 FFL. :eek: Perhaps it was a Freudian slip as I know the difference.

My dad was a machinist by upbringing, an engineer by schooling and profession, and a gunsmith by hobby. He loved to accurize guns and even built (replicated) a few from 'scratch' in his day. He had a Type 1 FFL. After his death in 1995, going through his files I discovered just how maticulous he was in his record keeping.

Though Louisiana doesn't have a 10 day waiting period,as you imply, THunter, I'm looking forward to the convenience. Plus if I screw up and buy a 'dog', my friend the dealer doesn't have to know about it....:cool:

@Alexander Ostmann
If you're referring to my mis-speak and a Class 3 SOT, I can't comment. I didn't fill out that app. The Type 3 FFL (for C&R) didn't take but about 4 weeks from the time I put it in the mailbox until it arrived. No reason needed. Like THunter says, its very easy to do. You can find athe application online (in pdf form). Fill it out online and then print it out. You'll need a printer capable of printing both sides of the paper, iirc.

<just a sidebar as I'm feeling 'chatty'>

Several of us were enjoying the beautiful day on the church grounds after services this morning and were 'shooting the breeze' as it were. The topics of discussion ranged from friends killed from gun cleaning mishaps to fileting fish with a sawzall. We were talking about how back in our 'youth' we always used to joke that if Dan Rather ever came into my shop, he'd report how I was stockpiling weapons and ammuntion. (I used to shoot IPSC and had many thousands of loaded rounds of varying calibers and used brass coming out my wazoo). Though most people involved in the discussion were born and raised here, all were college educated. I think there were two lawyers, a dentist, a general practitioner, and at least two engineers. Three of those came back home to farm. After swapping a few hunting/fishing stories someone made the comment, (I'm paraphrasing) "You know, if someone from NYC proper were to hear us talking, they'd think we were from a different planet. In general they're totally clueless as to the life and lifestyle we lead and are so quick to tell us how 'backwards' we are. Yet we live most of our lives out of doors and in the midst of nature..." I dunno. I guess you had to be there....

Upvote 0