• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] The "Awwww yeaaah" Day thread ( Uber day thread )

Just discovered a gun store in a neighboring province has the following in stock ( they mail order )

Swiss K31, Swiss K11, Steyr Mannlicher m95 & 95/34 carbines. Also some 1895 Nagant revolvers.

I'm definitely gettin the nagant revolver. Any of you chaps got some words about them rifles there? The Swiss rifles look pretty good and the actions look smooth and sexy, I might get a carbine and a full rifle ( theyr 275ish each). Not so sure about the mannlicher as it ?requires? en bloc clips ( can it be fired without? ).

I might have to get ANOTHER gun safe, right after I got my first gunsafe. This is leading to the ominous " Gun room ".

"F***K upgrading my computer for another 6 months, here's another relic that I dont have yet!!!!!"

edit: is there treatment for this addiction?

Upvote 0
so basically I need to buy em all? I have some extra interest in the steyr because that was the base rifle for the Ross design, the very accurate pretty mans gun that jammed up like a bugger for us poor canucks in ww1.

You guys is gonna make me hit up the "ffuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" thread when I have to pay for those 4 rifles...

Also I can get my hands on the brass for em, and I already cast boolits, so I will just acquire a push through sizer to get some .323 or .314 down to size, or hunt around for a mould in the correct size.

edit:

Recoil is higher or lower than a k98k firing 200 grain tips?

Upvote 0
Recoil is higher or lower than a k98k firing 200 grain tips?

For the carbine, far higher, especially with properly loaded surplus ammo since most new factory ammo you'll get are far under-loaded, similar to what loading books say. When I say that it kicks like a mule then I mean it. Only thing that I've shot that had a similar/slightly stronger recoil was the 9.3x62 and the 9.3x64.

I've clocked the surplus ~200gr. bullet at around 800m/s, with the carbine version going at around 700m/s.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For the carbine, far higher, especially with properly loaded surplus ammo since most new factory ammo you'll get are far under-loaded, similar to what loading books say. When I say that it kicks like a mule then I mean it. Only thing that I've shot that had a similar/slightly stronger recoil was the 9.3x62 and the 9.3x64.

I've clocked the surplus ~200gr. bullet at around 800m/s, with the carbine version going at around 700m/s.

ohh goody. I also just bought some double barrel 12 GA shotguns, im going to have to try firing both barrels ( double triggers ) to see what that kicks like.

Upvote 0