• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The Armed Assault thread

picked up this game as a right bargin (thankfully, as it doesnt run very well on my pc as suspected)

my version is 1.04 out the box- i see most servers now on 1.14

in looking up patches it seems i need to get 1.05 patch (466mb)
then 1.05- 1.08 (578mb)
and finally a 'mere' 141mb to get me to 1.14
Is a single patch available?

any other recommendations for game additions? (though i'm after stuff thats widely played tbh, at least while im getting into the game)

Upvote 0
If you have Queen's Gambit installed, you'll be on 1.08, then you only need the 1.14 patch.

If you dont have QG, i think there should be a single patch somewhere to go from 1.04 to 1.08, then from that to 1.14.
That's what i can remember though, but maybe there is no such patch, i'm not sure.

tHANKS

Upvote 0
If you have Queen's Gambit installed, you'll be on 1.08, then you only need the 1.14 patch.

If you dont have QG, i think there should be a single patch somewhere to go from 1.04 to 1.08, then from that to 1.14.
That's what i can remember though, but maybe there is no such patch, i'm not sure.
Thanks - i finally got it to 1.04 step by step - it took ages. It seems the performance is much smoother after patching

Have to say I absolutely love it so far - obviously it's quite like OFP (particularly with my graphics settings!) but without the arseache organising/finding multiplayer games.
It's pretty much my favourite type of shooter, and the best excuse for a pc upgrade i've had for a long time.

Upvote 0
Hmm interesting trailer..

Pros:
-Awesome looking vegetation/forests
-Even better 3rd person animations

Cons:
-FFS looks like they still dont have any real 1st person animations
-Gore still looks bad as if they copied it directly from ArmA. They should take an example of CoD:WaW. I bet they still have players flying 2km through the air when being hit by a tank round(while not moving at all)

Upvote 0
Seems more like ArmA 1.5 to me.

Also: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=310113

One of the unlikeliest new features in the upcoming ArmA sequel is that traditional crutch of the namby-pamby FPS, first aid. No longer is a bullet in the guts a one-way ticket to Golgotha. No longer do wounded soldiers have to crawl about the countryside like pythons that have eaten one too many pygmy hippos at an all-you-can-eat jungle buffet. Players can now carry or drag injured comrades to safety before reviving them with life-saving medk... err, 'wound dressings'.

Ho ho ho ho. The only thing that interests me in ArmA 2 is the so called "Micro AI". Otherwise, I'm looking forward for OFP2 atm.

Upvote 0
Hmm interesting trailer..

Pros:
-Awesome looking vegetation/forests
-Even better 3rd person animations

Cons:
-FFS looks like they still dont have any real 1st person animations
-Gore still looks bad as if they copied it directly from ArmA. They should take an example of CoD:WaW. I bet they still have players flying 2km through the air when being hit by a tank round(while not moving at all)
With all that technology and processing power of today I still don't understand why they haven't combined the seperate 1st person and 3rd person rendering yet in 1st person view.
Something along the lines of Mirror's Edge.

I mean, c'mon how awesome would that be? It would also decrease developing time aswell as make it visually look better.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The AI seams to be the thing they have worked the most on, so im not really worried about that. What I am worred about tho is that we probably are gonna get the same level of realism that was in OFP (with some minor improvements), like no thermals or IR, tab-fire-tab-fire-tab-fire gunnery and gay radar. "The Ultimate Military Simulation", right...

Last edited:
Upvote 0