• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The Armed Assault thread

This game is awesome

This game is awesome

I've seen some of the bugs people are talking about here, but the program itself seems to be stable and has only crashed to desktop for me once during multiplayer.

Singleplayer stock missions are broken, and I think the 1.08 patch will help tremendously with that. On the other hand the CO-OP mission I played a couple days ago was just awesome. Having to drive 5-10 minutes to the contact point with a humvee full of soldiers really makes you more cautious once you get there. The level of cooperation is just light years beyond RO and the game really feels like a soldier sim. The tanks are also so much more fun not sure why. Maybe because you have more room to maneuver and show up in unexpected places.

In fact it makes RO feel kind of run and gun. I mean it's obvious RO was built on top of a game engine that wasnt really designed to simulate full on warfare between two armies and Tripwire did the best they could. I would love to see RO reimplemented on the ArmA engine.

Upvote 0
thats comparable to mine, athlon 64 @ 2250mhz, 6800GT, 1gb ram. yours is a tad better but i dont think its relevant for arma.

you have to expect low - medium gfx, lots of loading time and a hard time spotting stuff due to low view distance D: i run 1280x1024 on an lcd so lower res is not an option. when i fly in a chopper, the gfx reminds me of comache 3 :x

Upvote 0
Upvote 0