• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The ArmA 2 thread (hurr hurr, no Armed Assault 2)

They did get an 'outdated' version so to speak.
But basically I think it's Morphicon's fault, the German publisher. They wanted to get ArmA out on the streets ahead of everybody else.
That resulted in ArmA 2 in Germany and the state it is in now.
The 505 version which comes out on the 19th of June is a different version.
On that point the Germans should be getting a patch which brings their game up to the European standard, and uniting the two versions.
The beta patch for this is out already. Actually, it is being downloaded so much they turned off the forums for extra bandwith apparently:D

Upvote 0
Can anyone comment on performance? Does it perform better than ArmA?

Well the graphics look better and i get around the same fps as i did in ArmA, it's definitely worth upgrading for.
City battles lag like hell for me, but my pc isnt necessarily all that good anymore.
But in more open area's the framerate is actually pretty good.

E6600 2,4 ghz dual core
2 gb ram
9600 gtx 1 gig

With that i get around 30 fps in denser area's, around 50/60 in open area's and around 20 fps in cities (which so far have contained pretty big battles so that might be a factor as well).

Upvote 0
Well the graphics look better and i get around the same fps as i did in ArmA, it's definitely worth upgrading for.
City battles lag like hell for me, but my pc isnt necessarily all that good anymore.
But in more open area's the framerate is actually pretty good.

E6600 2,4 ghz dual core
2 gb ram
9600 gtx 1 gig

With that i get around 30 fps in denser area's, around 50/60 in open area's and around 20 fps in cities (which so far have contained pretty big battles so that might be a factor as well).

you have a 9600gtx? you mean 9800gtx i guess.

I think having a better cpu would improve your stuff the most

Upvote 0
I loved the revive animation. I liked how the guy was looking over his shoulder to check if anyone was there and it seemed to add a bit of authenticity to the combat atmosphere. While the revive was not entirely accurate, the process took a long time and makes it less 'gamey' instead of 'press b to heal' kind of thing.

As for the game itself i am quite optimistic it will be all right. As long as the game runs well enough and is fun then i can handle a few bugs.

Does anyone know if this scales well with SLI?

Upvote 0