• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The ArmA 2 thread (hurr hurr, no Armed Assault 2)

The Gamestar review used a preview version based on a built from february. And I somehow doubt that may release as it would be prior to the czech release which would be very odd.

Why not? Morphicon is totally hyped about the game, maybe they need the money? :eek:

I will get it on release day, don't mind the bugs (if there are any)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Really? Well we'll see if that will be so much of an advantage, because after reading the GameStar preview(-> basics are great but it's still very buggy and not all parts work together without problems so far) I'm skeptical.
Just read that preview and I agree. I'm especially bothered by their criticism regarding clunky animations and crappy AI. Sounds a lot like ArmA I to me.
There also seemed to be problem with grass disappearing after a few hundred meters and players then lying on naked terrain, so prone players are easier to spot far away then near.

Upvote 0
Just read that preview and I agree. I'm especially bothered by their criticism regarding clunky animations and crappy AI. Sounds a lot like ArmA I to me.
There also seemed to be problem with grass disappearing after a few hundred meters and players then lying on naked terrain, so prone players are easier to spot far away then near.

I dont get why this stuff hasnt being polished or redone, the weapon sounds as far as i have seen havent been improved, the animations it would seem if that preview is to believed the same.
One thing that always bothered me is why is there no ragdolls its annoying to see enemies go down in exactly the same way nearly every time, that and the lets stand in the middle of the road AI.
I nearly lost faith with bohemia after ArmaI and only for the stellar work of some the mod teams i would have given up on it, i really hope they produce polished product this time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Anyone that thinks ArmA II is going to be plain sailing from the start just needs to remember its taken BIS 2 years to get ArmA where it is now and if anyone is old enough to remeber playing OFP when it first came youll know the same applied for that.

Now im not bashing them because I luved OFP and I like ArmA a lot I just hope that ArmA II is a bit more polished when they release it, ArmA got alot of bad press when it first came out and probably drove a lot of ppl away.

Upvote 0
So do I :
"I just hope that ArmA II is a bit more polished when they release it,"

I didn't really play OFP until a year or so, after I bought it and the same goes for ArmA, Vs1.07 I believe.

Try running this : Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -nosplash -mod=beta;@ACE -mod=@Avghani -mod=@HIFi_Novus_Aevum
Just for fun.

Running vanila is the way to go.

Still the most realistic game out there, even if I was very critical at the time of release.

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/9004913/ARMA-II-Armed-Assault/Product.html?cur=257

Well worth the

Last edited:
Upvote 0