• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "anything" thread

lol really had to laugh at this:

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platform...1_50bf5dabd24d8f18e8cbd12f8006a551&affil=awin

Pre-Order Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning And Receive This Dowsing Rod

bl.jpg

Upvote 0
I know a few ppl here are fans or users of the logitech 500 mouse - being more of a palm gripper (i guess) i was thinking of going for this or the m700.
has anyone tried both? Ofc the latter is a fair bit more expensive.
wireless isn't a big draw for me necessarily

I have heard that is it's less likely to accidentely activate the tilt wheel when using the m700 - i want to assign to these so that's a possible issue.

Also - for a gaming headset do ppl suggest open or closed cup?
i understand the advantage of hearing your surroundings but how does this affect sound quality and gaming experience in an otherwise matched set of headphones?

Upvote 0
I know a few ppl here are fans or users of the logitech 500 mouse - being more of a palm gripper (i guess) i was thinking of going for this or the m700.

I have heard that is it's less likely to accidentely activate the tilt wheel when using the m700 - i want to assign to these so that's a possible issue.

Also - for a gaming headset do ppl suggest open or closed cup?
i understand the advantage of hearing your surroundings but how does this affect sound quality and gaming experience in an otherwise matched set of headphones?

For a gaming mouse, I'd suggest a cyborg R.A.T 5 or 7, they are by far one of the bet gaming mice available (R.A.T 9 is a wireless 7 but cost about 70 dollars more).

As for headphones, I brouht a Soundblaster World of Warcraft USB gaming headset for about 100NZD (Others were 200-250) and I find it absolutely brilliant. Crystal clear sound when you have them on, dead silent to people not wearing it. Would definitely recommend them.

Upvote 0

I've got the M705 for my laptop, and I took my MX Revolution to work. Ofc the Revolution is the greatest mouse in the history of time and space, but I do highly recommend the M705 as well. I've been using it every single day for over 18 months and the batteries are (according to SetPoint) at 65%, with 679 days of use remaining.

It's very comfortable, the scroll wheel is nice, the side-to-side action is easier than any other mouse I've ever used (even the MX Rev), and did I mention the insane battery life off normal AA's?

Upvote 0
It works like this...

Once I see someone express bigoted, misogynistic, boastful or racist sentiments on the forums I DO tend to hound them. I make no apology for that. I would not like these forums to feel like the kind of place where someone can casually make racist etc. remarks without some form of comeback.*

As regards when I post, I work mostly in the mornings and evenings, meaning I am free to scan the forums a lot during the mid-day.

Simple as that.

*Except for remarks about the French... they're fair game. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: kapulA
Upvote 0
It works like this...

Once I see someone express bigoted, misogynistic, boastful or racist sentiments on the forums I DO tend to hound them. I make no apology for that. I would not like these forums to feel like the kind of place where someone can casually make racist etc. remarks without some form of comeback.*

As regards when I post, I work mostly in the mornings and evenings, meaning I am free to scan the forums a lot during the mid-day.

Simple as that.

*Except for remarks about the French... they're fair game. :D
Then feel free to make such a remark whenever it might potentially seem appropriate. But following all my activity and responding in this manner to even the most completely harmless and unrelated posts is really a pathetic thing to do, you must have better ways to spend your time I'm sure.

Of course it delights me if I give people a sense to their life and everyday internet behavior, but once overstated it's rather annoying than anything else. Kinda like hardcore-groupies who spend half of their time in stalking their subject.

@C_Gibby I put it in brackets for a reason.

Last edited:
Upvote 0