• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "anything" thread

Yeah I'm certain you're all perfect representatives of manhood.

You're Austrian, so your perspective might be skewed just a little bit.

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Family movies... Have no problems with the movies themselves but that *happy family LOL* trailer music... Jesus.

Dee da deee deee...dee da dee daaaaa! *scene of someone smiling like a retard*

The movie starts as a family movie but actually ends up being quite dramatic halfway through. There's no real happy end. Also a big difference is how you watch it. My parents saw it on tv, together, with ads every 30 min. While I watched the movie on my own on my pc, with my headphones on. I feel closer to the movie because of it. Infact I don't know how people can watch movies on tv.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
All Hallow's Eve stories?

One upon a yesterday, a few kids came rapping at my front door.

They were told that All Hallow's Eve isn't celebrated here.

The end.

The US is everywhere, and i don't like it. :(
I miss the days when Ausland was Ausland, slang and accents included.

We're all living in Amerika... :rolleyes:

I absolutely do not dislike the American people simply for being American, but I strongly dislike (call it hate, if you like) how America is everywhere and every mistake that America makes affects the rest of the world. What's more, there is a ton of arrogance and disrespect for other places coming from what seems to be the majority of Americans that I just cannot abide. Of course, this is a generalization, but it's more often than not, completely true in my experience. However, it's not like I see an American person and just turn away in disgust, I do treat them with respect as people and I do have a few good American friends that I wouldn't trade for the world. They probably think the same way as I do, the whole thing is just a damn shame. :(

The American influence is just too strong and too pointless. I mean, England could make a mistake, Australia could, Germany could, India could, and only those countries would be affected. But America? Gaahhh. :(

Reactions: Fedorov
Upvote 0
Very true. But at this modern age, it's not true. It's also pretty bad that the world is pretty much run by a young country, young in both history length, and the way it thinks and acts. It makes me feel pretty bad to say it, but it's damn true when you think about it.

Said country always has to have its way, as well.

I'm quite disappointed in the way the world is nowadays. In fact, a few decades ago the native accent here was considered bad, and a cultural cringe occurred.

[url]http://www.abc.net.au/news/2007-07-10/getting-over-australias-cultural-cringe/95094[/URL]

In said decades, it was considered better to be British or United Statesian than Australian; which is a depressing thought.

The world deserves better than to be run by a single country, whose citizens don't really care that much about, nor know about, the world in which their choices impact upon.

Personally, since learning of the cultural cringe this country went through a few decades ago, i go out of my way to alter my lexicon to a more Australian/British one.

Upvote 0