• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "anything" thread

Rooted my phone the other day and flashed the Cyanogenmod 7.1 onto it. Did a few more tweaks and it's running better than ever for a first gen Moto Droid.

I've got a Nook Color running CM7 ... great setup. I'm really impressed with it. (That said, it's not nearly as stable as my iPhone is, but then my iPhone is also a factory setup, not something hacked together by the community.)

Upvote 0
I've got a Nook Color running CM7 ... great setup. I'm really impressed with it. (That said, it's not nearly as stable as my iPhone is, but then my iPhone is also a factory setup, not something hacked together by the community.)
My original Droid was showing its age horribly. With CM7.1 on it now, locking the home screen into memory, bumping down the idle clock and bumping up the max CPU clock a bit it's like an almost new phone. Same sort of crap battery life that I had with better performance all around.

No crashes that I've noticed. Seems very stable for a community release. Google could learn a thing or two from what these guys have accomplished with CM.

http://yfrog.com/g0t75p

Upvote 0
Not to be rude but...aren't you deaf? Or are you just hard of hearing or did you get that implant?

Hard of hearing, yo but without a hearing aid, I'm profoundly deaf and my hearing is getting progressively worse, which is what I'm considering fixing before I'm 20 with this implant. I can hear most music fine yet lyrics are hard, but this is Rammstein after all, so by not understanding lyrics at all, I'm gonna be like everyone else and not missing out, however, speech is what's becoming more of a problem and my abilities in that area are slowly getting worse whilst I'm getting to adult life, where I won't be having e.g. stuff like school support. The earliest that I'm going to be getting that implant is summer next year, but I need to make the decision now, apparently. :confused:

As an aside, my hearing is nothing like yours, so I'm very likely to be hearing Rammstein different to you. But whatever I'm hearing it like, I certainly enjoy whatever it is I'm hearing. c: I can't help but wonder what it's really like, so I'll hopefully find out someday. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hard of hearing, yo. My hearing is getting progressively worse, which is what I'm considering fixing before I'm 20 with this implant. I can hear most music fine yet lyrics are hard, but this is Rammstein after all, so by not understanding lyrics at all, I'm gonna be like everyone else and not missing out, however, speech is what's becoming more of a problem and my abilities in that area are slowly getting worse whilst I'm getting to adult life, where I won't be having e.g. stuff like school support. The earliest that I'm going to be getting that implant is summer next year, but I need to make the decision now, apparently. :confused:

As an aside, my hearing is nothing like yours, so I'm very likely to be hearing Rammstein different to you. But whatever I'm hearing it like, I certainly enjoy whatever it is I'm hearing. c: I can't help but wonder what it's really like, so I'll hopefully find out someday. :)

I did not know this.

I feel bad now :(

Upvote 0
Since the last couple of weeks when I read your post Gibby I have noticed a couple of people having this specific implant, and I must assure you that it doesn't look bad at all, unlike most other hearing implants I have seen which make your ear look huge.

Anyway, moral of the story: I hadn't even noticed them implants until I read about them, therefore you should stop worrying and do what is best for you.

Upvote 0
5th row, left side

JH5gh.jpg

Upvote 0