• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "anything" thread

I've got problems with my copy of vista which started as an implication that the license wasn't genuine - since involves lock-ups etc.

Anyway i've called MS for help - they did the remote desktop assist thing and, after confirming the license is genuine, played around with this and that.
In the end it was decided i needed a vista disk to repair - and you know what? microsoft don't have any. they cant send you one at all.
i was advised to borrow one off a friend or failing that - get this - find an image on the internet.

how bizarre is that?

Upvote 0
i was advised to borrow one off a friend or failing that - get this - find an image on the internet.

how bizarre is that?

Seeing that MS earns the money by selling you the license to use their product and not by selling you the physical copy of it, I think that's a surprisingly sensible approach to your problem.

Also, "pirating" is only "pirating" if you don't own it. As you do, it's perfectly legal for you to download the image.

Upvote 0
^^yeh i remember that wares fix now

Seeing that MS earns the money by selling you the license to use their product and not by selling you the physical copy of it, I think that's a surprisingly sensible approach to your problem.

Also, "pirating" is only "pirating" if you don't own it. As you do, it's perfectly legal for you to download the image.

I still think it's weird that they have no copies. I know they are pushing 7 of course, but nevertheless vista was an expensive product not so long ago.
Now if they can sort out my OS using the remote assist or another method then it's not an issue.
But if a technician says the only way to fix your product is to run the repair of the installation disk (and i can't be the only user at that stage) it's then surprising to say the least to hear that they can't supply that.

were they to say you can have one but at a charge or 'it's oem so it's not our responsibility - contact your vendor' that would have made sense .
The download suggestion was just off-the-record advice, it was more the fact that that advice was needed that got me.

Upvote 0
yep !

heidi is dead
RIP
heidi-the-cross-eyed-oppossum.jpeg

Upvote 0
I still use XP.

I prefer it to W7; it just works better. I don't know if it's the UI, but it's way better for me.

i like XP - and arma runs better on it by all accounts. Cos arma's not DX10 or something? Or at least it doesn't utilise vista/7

Prefer W7 myself, I have a duel boot setup.
Sometimes I swap, just to check this or that, but its W7 daily for me.

Upvote 0
What a saturday

What a saturday

Working since 9 am Its now 5:30pm Will hopefully finish the entire job by 8:30pm

Going from 3 dental offices gathering data and then have them all sync every night.

Almost done... sync 1 NAS... got 2 left... take 45 min per nas.

JUST got my Pizza, got my soso laptop. Still here for 1.5 more hours getting everything done.

Red Orchestra OST is 96% done downloading.

Time to shoot people in the face !!!! while working

Owwww yea. :IS2:

Thank you TWI for a game I can still enjoy after so many years.

Sadly... my laptop wont run ro2... well maybe with 1fps

Athlon X2 2.2Ghz
Radeon4250
3gigs ram.
Win7Pro X32

Reactions: husbert
Upvote 0