• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "anything" thread

^^about 15 years ago there was a startrek night on TV, the much awaited highlight of which was a feature on crew members who went on to release songs. Shatner's efforts - where he basically talks song lyrics over music in a overly dramatic style - will make you cringe.

following on from g500+g700 mice -
can any user tell me if all buttons are detected by modern games (phaps with a setpoint profile required), or do you have to assign keystokes to some of them, and does this include the buttons usually used for for setting your dpi/profiles (which i would rather not bother with, i'd rather just have extra mouse buttons for in game actions)

It's quite hard to find this exact info in reviews, surprisingly enough.

Upvote 0
dogbadger;1006813 following on from g500+g700 mice - can any user tell me if all buttons are detected by modern games (phaps with a setpoint profile required) said:
I'm still using my G5 after many years, it really is a good solid product.
I had trouble setting it up when I moved on to W7, apart from that I have no problems whatsoever.

Maybe the newer versions of the mouse/setpoint come with profiles, I don't know as I'm using an older version of the program.
Setting up the profiles is really easy. I use the arrow keys for directions so this leaves all of the left hand side of the keyboard free to be mapped.

RO looks like this.
B1: Fire.
B2: IS.
B3(mmb): m

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Maybe the newer versions of the mouse/setpoint come with profiles, I don't know as I'm using an older version of the program.
Setting up the profiles is really easy. I use the arrow keys for directions so this leaves all of the left hand side of the keyboard free to be mapped.

nice - i also want to try assigning lean to the mouse tilt - which was why i was looking at logitech as it didn't work on other tilt wheel mice i'd tried - even with keystroke asignment which seems bizarre.
I'd rather have mouse software where games recognise more mouse buttons rather than losing keys by assignment and hoped that setpoint would accomodate this - but if key assignment works i guess it will do.

Also some mice which have preset function buttons dont allow you to redefine these - in the case of the logitechs i'm glad to see you can use + and - sensitivity buttons for something else - otherwise they are a waste IMO, as i doubt i'll change DPI in game, or even have profiles.

Handling a mouse is a bit like handling a woman.

How To Handle A Woman! - YouTube

Upvote 0
Does anyone know a good gaming mouse with loadsabuttons?

Currently mine only has 2 side buttons in addition to the regular buttons.

I'm looking for more than that.

Get your hand upgraded first....

220px-Polydactyly_01_Lhand_AP.jpg

Reactions: CandleJack
Upvote 0
Now where I have to study for the huge university exam in less than 2 weeks everything else is more fun. When I first bought my PS3 I was like "Yeah I'll be primarely using it to play fifa with friends and play the huge triple-a ps3/console exclusives". Now I have so many games I don't know where to start. Currently I'm playing Infamous 1, Outland and Bayonetta(slowly). Then there are Dead Space 2, Infamous 2, MGS4, Motorstorm Apocalypse, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Resistance 3, Midnight Club: L.A., Vanquish, ICO & Shadow of the Colossus HD, Call of Duty 3, and so on and so on my brain is melting. At the same I have the long-term project Skyrim on PC which will eventually be followed by Arkham City. But there is no time! ARGHH. Why do I have to be such a hardcore gamer. I wish I was some simple-minded fool who is content with the annual fifa/cod/ac.

Reactions: Dr. Pierre Chang
Upvote 0
Now where I have to study for the huge university exam in less than 2 weeks everything else is more fun. When I first bought my PS3 I was like "Yeah I'll be primarely using it to play fifa with friends and play the huge triple-a ps3/console exclusives". Now I have so many games I don't know where to start. Currently I'm playing Infamous 1, Outland and Bayonetta(slowly). Then there are Dead Space 2, Infamous 2, MGS4, Motorstorm Apocalypse, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Resistance 3, Midnight Club: L.A., Vanquish, ICO & Shadow of the Colossus HD, Call of Duty 3, and so on and so on my brain is melting. At the same I have the long-term project Skyrim on PC which will eventually be followed by Arkham City. But there is no time! ARGHH. Why do I have to be such a hardcore gamer. I wish I was some simple-minded fool who is content with the annual fifa/cod/ac.

sorry to say but, my sympathy for your situation wears thin...:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Where do people get all the funny (mostly meme) stuff from? Recently more and more appeared at facebook but most of them are more or less "self-made" and simply not funny at all and just copied by some retards who have no idea where the whole thing came from. 9Gag seems too "casual" as well because most of that stuff is of this facebook-esque bull****-quality and not funny. I heard of 4chan but don't really have clue where to find stuff there

Reactions: BlackLabel
Upvote 0