• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "anything" thread

againmoot.jpg

Upvote 0
Huh.

My grocery store carries Pocky.
Is that with or without melamine?

Sidebar:
Its interesting to note that US farmers have stringent laws, rules, regulations regarding pesticide use. Yet its perfectly OK to import foods (lets use Mexico and fresh produce as an example ) from countries with little or no laws. Even products banned for US farmers are routinely used in foreign countries and the goods then shipped here. Consumers...:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

See, here's the thing that entertains me to no end:

People from other countries mock and taunt the American political process and electoral candidates, and that's just sort of whatever. I don't really care. But the really entertaining thing is that you know who they are. Even a fringe politician with about zero electability like Rick Perry. You know who he is.

How many Austrian political candidates are known outside of Austria? Why is that?

Anyway, please, feel free to carry on with the taunting.

Reactions: DraKon2k and Moyako
Upvote 0

People from other countries mock and taunt the American political process and electoral candidates, and that's just sort of whatever. I don't really care. But the really entertaining thing is that you know who they are. Even a fringe politician with about zero electability like Rick Perry. You know who he is.

How many Austrian political candidates are known outside of Austria? Why is that?

J

Reactions: husbert and Moyako
Upvote 0
Pretty much everybody outside of the USA heard of Haider...

...what does that say about the USA?

;)

Admittedly being a whack-job increases your news/entertainment value in other countries. For example, agencies outside the UK seem to find interest in what some of the members of UKIP said a while back before the last election, whereas they were pretty enthusiastically ignored by the UK electorate.

I doubt that if the GOP put up a candidate who wasn't a) a right-wing whack job, b) a space lizard, or c) Newt Gingrich, news agencies in other countries would pay much attention. On current performance it is unlikely to happen, however.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I really don't understand why a news corporation like the BBC constantly publishes stories about our candidates. It's really just stupid stuff that should be contained to local US news. I could understand if one of them was assassinated that it would be published in world news, but the constant drama between Republican candidates isn't anything anyone else around the world cares about. :\

Upvote 0