• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The All-Inclusive "Axemas" 2012 Complaining Thread!

Spicy

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 8, 2010
New England, the Newer England
There. This way we won't have 50 different threads complaining about every single aspect of the event. (But don't let me stop you. :p )

For the record, I actually like this update. The Zerker weapon price increases were nice. Depending on how you spawn, maybe you have your whole loadout on wave 3/4 instead of 2/3. Fire Axe spawn is welcome too. The Vector's (yes, yes, the Schneidzekk, whatever) seems alright. More damage than the MP7 and MP5. You have to watch your bursting, but that's the case with every medic weapon.

As for TWI, it's their game, they can do what they want with it. The introduction of one weapon isn't going to stop me from playing it. I know we're all business, marketing and gaming development professionals, and could really help Tripwire grow their company if only they would listen to us and do what we demand of them on these forums. But maybe, just maybe, we should hold off on the "omg! Change X/Y/Z was a really bad decision on Tripwire's part." There's probably a reason they did it. Just because it doesn't fit with your perception of Killing Floor doesn't mean they're wrong. This happens every event Tripwire gives us. Does everyone remember the M99's introduction? Probably not because we all stopped playing Killing Floor after it was added, right? :rolleyes: I'm sure the Dwarf Axe will be the real reason everyone quits KF and never, ever plays it again. Or not. Either way. *shrugs*

At the very least, credit them for listening about the Community Weapon Pack QQ. They gave us a purely cosmetic weapon DLC. But now I think we can two AK's or two Katana's. The DLC isn't available yet, so I can't confirm it. But I'm pretty sure carrying two Katana's is somehow horribly overpowered and will break the game as we know it.

If nothing else, let us be grateful we no longer have forum rep. I don't need to worry about this post getting downvoted, and you don't have to be bothered to click the minus sign to do it. It's a Christmas miracle!

Edit: I will say this: You Medics are going to love using the ZED gun, for a quite obvious reason.

Last edited:
stop button

true christmas miracle

+1000 TWI rep points.

I think adding AoE to all melee weapons was also a great idea as well as the price rebalance

might have to do some further zerker nerfing but imo getting the class up to where it should be in terms of game mechanics and then nerfing it down seems like the best way to do it.

breaking mods is a bad thing, but I think it's nice that Alex and TWI have reached out to WPC and the modding community to help them fix their mods

overall, I have a feeling that it's been a bad week for TWI and we should give them a rest and the credit that's due.

Best wishes (yes I'm copying Gopblin),
Trotskygrad

Upvote 0
I'll just start by saying this

As for TWI, it's their game, they can do what they want with it.

NO

I payed money for a game. And this "killing floor" is not the game i payed for. It's dumber, easier, more unbalanced, more cluttered and less fun than it was when i first bought it.

All these so called "free stuff" was added without customer opinion or consent and it affected the way the game plays.

People need to realize more free isn't necessarily better and most of the time less is more.

Does everyone remember the M99's introduction? Probably not because we all stopped playing Killing Floor after it was added, right?
Yeah? because at 250$ per round, the M99 was to all intents and purposes removed from the game after a barrage of negative feedback. It was a gun that broke the game, and guess what, it's not longer viable.

Comparing the M99 to the Dwarf Axe is also unfair, considering the low ammo and huge weight, leaving SS with only his 9mm as backup, it is no where as game breaking as this axe.

At the very least, credit them for listening about the Community Weapon Pack QQ
Yeah, give credit to them for listening our pay2win cries in response to game changing DLC that nobody asked for and wanted.

It's not like they should listen to our other complaints about game affecting bugs that have plagued the game for years. It's not like the Scrake's hitboxes, Double barrel shotgun reload bug, shotgun pointblank range damage, cluttered and obsolete trader menu, zerker balances, the buzzsaw, redundant weapons, weapons that outclass other weapons, the game getting progressively easier as the specimens get nothing new, the mod community broken after this update, are pressing issues that need to be resolved.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
lol would a crying thread be complete without hipnox?

spicy says "As for TWI, it's their game, they can do what they want with it."

hipnox says "NO"

LOL what more needs to be said? i didnt even bother to read his huge block of complaints.

So...

according to you, i can sell you a game, then change core aspects of the game (or the entire game itself) but since i made it, you can't complaint..... despite the fact that you paid for it..... and that i was a different game when you bought it....

i don't even....

isn't there a phrase to describe that?

bait and switch comes to mind....

Upvote 0
I'll just start by saying this

NO

I payed money for a game. And this "killing floor" is not the game i payed for. It's dumber, easier, more unbalanced, more cluttered and less fun than it was when i first bought it.

All these so called "free stuff" was added without customer opinion or consent and it affected the way the game plays.

People need to realize more free isn't necessarily better and most of the time less is more.

Yeah? because at 250$ per round, the M99 was to all intents and purposes removed from the game after a barrage of negative feedback. It was a gun that broke the game, and guess what, it's not longer viable.

Comparing the M99 to the Dwarf Axe is also unfair, considering the low ammo and huge weight, leaving SS with only his 9mm as backup, it is no where as game breaking as this axe.

Yeah, give credit to them for listening our pay2win cries in response to game changing DLC that nobody asked for and wanted.

It's not like they should listen to our other complaints about game affecting bugs that have plagued the game for years. It's not like the Scrake's hitboxes, Double barrel shotgun reload bug, shotgun pointblank range damage, cluttered and obsolete trader menu, zerker balances, the buzzsaw, redundant weapons, weapons that outclass other weapons, the game getting progressively easier as the specimens get nothing new, the mod community broken after this update, are pressing issues that need to be resolved.

I'm afraid you are wrong, you paid to play the game you own nothing outside of the physical copy.
If TWI stop supporting the game tomorrow their is nothing you or anyone else could do.
I know of very very few developers who support their games as well as TWI and with consistantly free dlc and updates over a long period.
The sooner a few people around realise they are not entitled to anything perhaps the better the community will be for it.
Life is full of choices one of which is play something else:D

Upvote 0
So...

according to you, i can sell you a game, then change core aspects of the game (or the entire game itself) but since i made it, you can't complaint..... despite the fact that you paid for it..... and that i was a different game when you bought it....

i don't even....

isn't there a phrase to describe that?

bait and switch comes to mind....

I've yet to see the massive class-action lawsuit materialize against valve for what they did to TF2

Upvote 0
I'm afraid you are wrong, you paid to play the game you own nothing outside of the physical copy.
If TWI stop supporting the game tomorrow their is nothing you or anyone else could do.
I know of very very few developers who support their games as well as TWI and with consistantly free dlc and updates over a long period.
The sooner a few people around realise they are not entitled to anything perhaps the better the community will be for it.
Life is full of choices one of which is play something else:D

I think you might have misinterpreted me.

I never said anything about support or lack there off, nor am i entitled to ask anything of the developers.

On the contrary, i'm talking about a game that changed too much. Excessive content with little to no balancing that is reducing the quality of the game with every patch.

I've yet to see the massive class-action lawsuit materialize against valve for what they did to TF2

Does it still make it good? The fact that you cannot make a lawsuit against them dos not take away the fact that many old school TF2 players have left the game, and that it's no longer recognizable as the awesome game it used to be.

TF2 has become the toilet of the gaming world, where people dump tons of unbalanced content that ruin gameplay and obliterated the art style of the game

like i said in another thread. Should games nowadays come with a disclaimer that reads:

WARNING

Game altering content may be added to this game.
Game experience may change over time.

<Buyer discretion is advised>

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm happy with the update overall, but there's only two things that I dislike:

- The Zerker is essentially buffed. Buffed.

- TWI are really worried about making the game use up more than 512MB RAM. This needs to change. As more stuff gets added, they alter something else which becomes noticable in a not-nice way. Such as corpses disappearing VERY FAST right now.

I'm actually quite happy with how they handled the ZED gun and stuff. It's a lulz weapon tied to a lulz map. Smart choice, really - if it was a lulz weapon tied to the entire game, I think there'd be a problem. Not sure of what I think about the Dwarf Axe. Love the new medic gun. Map is great fun. Achievements to persue are always welcome.

All in all, good update.

Though I'm personally a little disappointed about the weapon DLC. I personally do not mind paying a little extra for a pack of nice new guns, but buying a DLC where the guns are simply gilded versions of already-existing weapons, buying it would feel wasteful to me. If they used a different AK variant to sit beside the AK already in game, I'd probably buy into that, but not so much this one. I'd have to see what the price is like.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think you might have misinterpreted me.

I never said anything about support or lack there off, nor am i entitled to ask anything of the developers.

On the contrary, i'm talking about a game that changed too much. Excessive content with little to no balancing that is reducing the quality of the game with every patch.

ha, this happens to every game

a lot of people could have said that men of war: assault squad has been wrecked and ruined multiple times through updates (heavy AT guns, etc)

only games with a competitive focus have the game constantly under balance, such as SC2 and the CS series.

Upvote 0
Im uninstalling every tripwire game now

Im uninstalling every tripwire game now

First they ruined Red Orchestra 2. Which in turn killed the remaining RO1 community and darkest hour.

Now they're ruining killing floor. Lasers and out of place weapons that add NOTHING to the game besides making it just worse in every way. Way to ruin the LAST good tripwire game. I am now uninstalling this game too and I will never spend another penny on tripwire. :mad:

Also this game still only ruins on 1 core and runs like **** on all computers just due to bad coding. You guys should be ashamed. Because I know you have absolutely no plans to fix this game in any way besides trying to make money of pointless gun packs and out of place skins.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
(English skills, i beg you :eek:)

First things first.
I would like to point out that not every modification for a game, to be paid or free, are good. Sometimes it's just better to leave things alone and let the game follow its natural course.
It's good to support the game and the community, but there is a right way and a wrong way to do it. Actually, TWI is following the wrong way by making the game a lot more accessible to new players and adding a lot of new stuff without considering game balance and background. And this is somewhat important.

Killing Floor had a metallish/industrial theme that i really liked and i believe i'm not the only one. Zeds are ugly and failed experiments, survivors are a bunch of people who are desperately trying to survive with common weapons, maps are set in places that might be right behind our houses. All new stuff introduced from the last year to now simply doesn't fit with the in-game universe.
Now, along with all other stuff, we have skins like the commando chicken or the new robot, hi tech weapons like the ZED device or the husk launcher, lots of assault rifles or SMG that don't have a real role in the game mechanics (The commando has 4 almost identical rifles), useless weapons (Combat shotgun, M4 203, 44 magnum), overpowered weapons (We all know what they are). All this stuff simply do not fit well with the game background.
So, essentially, we are talking about how adding lots and lots of new stuff distorted the essence of the game in favor of being more attractive to new players. That's all, at least by my point of view.
In a few words, the game is different from the one bought 3 years ago. It may be better or worse, but it's different.

So, i'm not talking about game balance which is still very important, but i'm talking about the KF universe.

As for TWI, it's their game, they can do what they want with it.
Sure they can. And i can criticize changes. Can i do it without getting called "a whining kid"? (At least tell me that i am a whining adult, i'm 22 :p)
There's probably a reason they did it.
Ah, that's the point. There is always a reason. Unfortunally, sometimes this reason isn't going to be good for the game, at least when talking about quality itself. Like i was saying before, all this stuff makes KF more appetible to new gamers, as there are more and cooler weapons, more maps and a softened difficulty.
This is good for marketing and sales, but not for the game.
Does everyone remember the M99's introduction? Probably not because we all stopped playing Killing Floor after it was added, right? :rolleyes: I'm sure the Dwarf Axe will be the real reason everyone quits KF and never, ever plays it again. Or not. Either way. *shrugs*
Of course i won't stop playing KF and i never will (Well, who knows), but i know that i'm not playing the same game that i loved years ago. This really bothers me, it's like seeing an old friend after a long time, you know it's him, but it's somewhat changed. You still like hang with him, but there isn't THAT feeling...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Very well said, thresher3253. Only problem is its annoying enough to keep me from enjoying the game. I play this game for the atmosphere and fun zombie gunplay. With each patch it is killing immersion and destroying the gritty metal theme I love this game for. I'm fine with updates, it just seem Tripwire has completely lost touch with its roots.

Last edited:
Upvote 0