• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

That damn ladder in Pavlov's House

Calumhm

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 22, 2009
Plymouth, England
The one that takes you from the bottom floor of D into the middle of a corridor.

I usually get to the top and then want to turn around and head down the hall I just climbed into, but unless I sprint and jump over the damn thing, then I usually get sucked back down the ladder!

Is there something I'm missing? a way to stop ladders making you use them?

It's not a big issue, in fact it usually amuses me, but I would rather know how I might avoid this awkward scenario..

That ladder is to me, what the sarlacc pit is to Boba Fett.

Also I agree for a Use key for ladders, not only would it make it easier to navigate around ladders, but also easier to descend without carefully walking backwards until you snap to the ladder. (If you are lucky)

Those ladders in the tower of Grain elevator kill me everytime.

Upvote 0
Talking about that map...

Did TWI fix the exploit for machinegunners in the multiple storage building-windows?
That building in the most northeast corner (when you're russian), most left for the germans when they spawn.

I wont further tell you how it works, but machinegunners -once done right- cant be seen or killed there whilst they can view 50% of the map and harvest kills from there.

It's one of the reasons why I avoid this map.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
When you climb up it to get across it dont try to jump that will suck you down.
Run at it aiming left :)
It was annoying the hell out of me trying to get up to the room over looking the length of the building to catch axis running in.

If you sprint at it about 45 degrees to left of centre you should cross it no problems

Upvote 0
I died trying to learn a necromancy skill at the top of a tower in Everquest in 2000. Every ladder in every game ever has pissed me off since that day. I even wrote in the Ideas and Suggestions forum how ladders should act like hopping over a sandbag - hit one button and you don't do anything until the avatar has completed the full action.

Upvote 0
dont hold the sprint button while climbing and by the time you reach the end of the ladder strafe to the right and you will deatach, in the beggining when I didnt knew Pavlovs map I use to faithfully take the ladder cause I didnt know there were stairs on the right side before you enter the ladder room. So I got used to climbing the ladder, now a days I only take the stairs and leave the ladder to be abused by newcomers :D

Upvote 0