• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Thank you whitelisting team

Hey sorry if this has been answered before, but I'd very much like to gain a clearer understanding of the relationship between when the whitelisting team does this great work, and when the whitelist actually gets updated (by tripwire). I have a map nearing completion and it would be awesome if the community were able to give some kind of Heads Up of when a round of white listing is going to occur. I see the last one was only a few days ago so its probably a few weeks away? Or is it going to be more frequent now that the testing element is outsourced?

Upvote 0
Hey sorry if this has been answered before, but I'd very much like to gain a clearer understanding of the relationship between when the whitelisting team does this great work, and when the whitelist actually gets updated (by tripwire). I have a map nearing completion and it would be awesome if the community were able to give some kind of Heads Up of when a round of white listing is going to occur. I see the last one was only a few days ago so its probably a few weeks away? Or is it going to be more frequent now that the testing element is outsourced?

Xienen suggested (in his post about new maps) that the next would be next week:
Xienen said:
We will be doing another update next week after the testing of Dex's Map Pack, KF-Africa, and KF-Partytime is complete.
This might suggest a more frequent update schedule however I don't think we know any more than you guys. My guess is that it is based upon time restrictions at TWI HQ and will vary week to week though KEPT may have helped remove some of their constraints. Time will probably tell...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I like to think we are helping mappers to construct maps in the way they intended, as I'm sure most mappers make their maps to be challenging and interesting. I know if I made a map that was easy to exploit and had a numnber of glitchy spots, I'd want to know about it. So cheers RO Sauce, ad anyone else who gave us a little nod in the rest of the thread I right cba to read :)

Upvote 0

It all depends on when testers are available, remember that we do all have lives (not much of a life, but a life none the less), so the time for the whitelist to update is totally variable. As for the time between the testing sessions and the whitelist update, I have no idea. I don't know what kind of coding it takes to update the whitelist, I guess it all depends on the size of the update.

Upvote 0