• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Thank you whitelisting team

We should leave a totally obvious "out of the way exploit spot that you have to try to get to" area complete with signs saying "Zombies can't reach you here! Come here to cheat the game and easy levels!". Too bad that area would also be an instant kill volume :rolleyes:

Oh ya, may I ask who is on the "Team"? When I release Krasnyi Oktyabr V2, it would be nice to have some extra exploit testers to save time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for nothing guys. Seriously. I've seen several good maps get de-whitelisted recently simply because somebody found some very obscure bugs and then advertised them to the entire KF community. Seriously there are much better ways to go about this.

Thanks for the list of names. You are no longer welcome on my servers.

BannedIDs=13412520 -[SiN]-bswearer
BannedIDs=16881503 Trystan
BannedIDs=24310206 =TCH=mamoo
BannedIDs=12238517 HaTeMe?!
BannedIDs=25947656 Olivier
BannedIDs=21159898 {UIT} Akame
BannedIDs=11703077 Zetsucatfish
BannedIDs=5512782 COL.Landa SS
BannedIDs=15619722 Omar_F.W.
BannedIDs=5811103 -IPF-BtDaG
BannedIDs=18837870 -FaTaL-J*
BannedIDs=17742610 Haruko
BannedIDs=18668431 kero

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for nothing guys. Seriously. I've seen several good maps get de-whitelisted recently simply because somebody found some very obscure bugs and then advertised them to the entire KF community. Seriously there are much better ways to go about this.

BannedIDs=18668431 kero

no worries. we have plenty of servers to play on, including our own ;)

btw, please don't attack board members, mmk?

thanks! :p

edit: LOL nice "IDs"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BannedIDs=18668431 kero

and that list is only going to grow from here. most people here like what we are doing and more importantly, TWI appreciates what we are doing.
if you know of a "better way" to go about this, please say what that is.

but thank you for putting me in an exclusive list :D

its safe to say that KF has become a, "look but dont touch game". im happy that the whitelisting is a somewhat secure way of guaranteeing that you earn your perks, but as a mapper, having to put blocking volumes around nearly everything has become a serious chore.

TWI has to do it for their stock maps as well as everything else they do. I'm sure it isn't too much to ask of the community mappers to make their maps correctly. Plus with the testing team, you don't have to get it all right the first time around. that's what our testing is for. to make sure your maps are played by respectable KF players and not exploited on by idiots.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
TWI has to do it for their stock maps as well as everything else they do. I'm sure it isn't too much to ask of the community mappers to make their maps correctly. Plus with the testing team, you don't have to get it all right the first time around. that's what our testing is for. to make sure your maps are played by respectable KF players and not exploited on by idiots.

i dont have a big problem with it - yeh its a chore but i dont like exploiters either. just interesting how this game has changed. KF used to have movable objects (netkactors), so you could say use a couch and push it in the doorway to make yourself a barricade. there was more interaction with the map itself. but now everything has become so, "look but dont touch" because the game has put a large amount of emphasis on perks.

Upvote 0
i dont have a big problem with it - yeh its a chore but i dont like exploiters either. just interesting how this game has changed. KF used to have movable objects (netkactors), so you could say use a couch and push it in the doorway to make yourself a barricade. there was more interaction with the map itself. but now everything has become so, "look but dont touch" because the game has put a large amount of emphasis on perks.

ah now i know what you meant. yeah you're right, sometimes I wish they would combine KF with CS:S zombie mod (which is uber barricade based). You could practically make exploits in that game by moving furniture but if you could truly make an impenatrable fortress of stuff, then you had skill.

Believe me I wish KF didn't have perks at all. It would allow for more mutators and a larger focus on winning rather then leveling. though I suppose what KF is right now is good enough. hopefully if they add a new gamemode soon, people won't focus on grind gameplay so much.

Upvote 0

I think if a map was designed with moveable objects in mind, and with the style of barricading yourself in then it would still pass KEPT testing, we only look for faults in the design of the map which aren't intended (i.e. the definition of an exploit). Though this doesn't include maps which are designed for levelling or used for such.

There is a clear distinction between adding a feature to a map which can be used but is still not perfect (i.e. a barricade which could be broken) and sitting in the corner of a map on some bookshelf unable to be touched by zeds for 10 rounds... this is all considered in the process.

@PrimeEvil - grow up - all of the mappers I have discussed exploits with have been grateful for the assistance and were totally unaware that their maps were exploitable, if you want to fix defence and actually make it playable instead of being a grind map go ahead, but i don't see you jumping at the opportunity.

@dextronaut - sorry to make the mapping process more complex, but unfortunately i do believe it is a minority of players who are ruining this game (by using the exploits) rather than KEPT - we have been designed to prevent this abuse of the game and do not wish to turn off new mappers or frustrate old ones, please keep up your mapping as I do love your maps :)

Upvote 0
I think you guys missed the boat completely on what the whitelist is intended for. It was designed to prevent perk leveling maps ie. maps whose only purpose is to help you level up faster. It was not intended to punish the map maker for inadvertently leaving an exploit in his map. Instead of running around testing every author's final works and then throwing your findings in their face, why don't you offer your testing services to the mappers currently developing maps. Most mappers don't mind having a second pair of eyes on their work before they release it. But coming around after the fact is just ignorant.

@bswearer - I guess you don't know much about running a server. Those are your real steamIDs. I'd show you how it works, but I don't think you'd understand.

@mamoo - I guess you've never been on my servers. We don't play shoebox, cookie cutter maps. It's a shame you'll never get to have the experience of playing on a real teamwork oriented server.

@omarfw - Have you ever made a map? Your statement about mappers needing to map their maps "correctly" is just plain f*d up. It's offensive on soo many levels.

Upvote 0
I think you guys missed the boat completely on what the whitelist is intended for. It was designed to prevent perk leveling maps ie. maps whose only purpose is to help you level up faster. It was not intended to punish the map maker for inadvertently leaving an exploit in his map. Instead of running around testing every author's final works and then throwing your findings in their face, why don't you offer your testing services to the mappers currently developing maps. Most mappers don't mind having a second pair of eyes on their work before they release it. But coming around after the fact is just ignorant.

@bswearer - I guess you don't know much about running a server. Those are your real steamIDs. I'd show you how it works, but I don't think you'd understand.

@mamoo - I guess you've never been on my servers. We don't play shoebox, cookie cutter maps. It's a shame you'll never get to have the experience of playing on a real teamwork oriented server.

@omarfw - Have you ever made a map? Your statement about mappers needing to map their maps "correctly" is just plain f*d up. It's offensive on soo many levels.

my definition of "correct" is not my own, it's TWI's definition. I'm not the one who enstated the whitelist, they did. I'm just making sure it does it's job correctly.

and is it really that bad? Do you REALLY need perk leveling on your server that badly? you can STILL PLAY THE MAPS even if they aren't on the whitelist. you just can't level your perks.

so you aren't really fighting for the maps or for the map makers, you're fighting for the right to level perks on them, and the only people who complain about not being able to level their perks are perk grinders.

the only people who are willing to take the time to find the steam id's of each player involved with removing his favorite maps and then banning then from his server and then posting about it, are perk grinders.

after all, how is it that we have ruined your favorite maps if you can still play them and use your already leveled perks on them?

the whitelist was not made JUST to weed out blatant leveling maps. as maps like defence and doom2 have proven, even a map not intended for leveling can still be used as if it were one, these maps are just as guilty as leveling maps.

there's no point in having a whitelist if it contains the very thing it's trying to prevent. the only reason we're having maps removed after the fact is because it's been around for a long time without any aggressive testing happening to maps before they were approved.

so yes there will be a lot of maps removed and hopefully all of them will be replaced with newer versions. we don't want to kill KF's content (and we put just as much work into getting maps fixed and on the whitelist as we do with finding whats wrong with them) but it isn't worth letting KF turn into a grindfest.
TWI supports our actions and we aren't about to stop.

keep in mind, it's not US who are getting the maps removed. we just report our findings to TWI. it's THEM who are removing the maps. and they have every right to disagree with us, but clearly they don't.

good luck with your server. im sure going on a forum and being an asshole is a great way to get server traffic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
slyk: youre not being nice, youre being mean. ive seen your maps and they arent very good so dont even bother with the whole "im a mapper youre not" thing. its old. just because omar is a mapper and youre not, doesnt give you some sort of authority on exploits. your friend, dontfeedtheanimal is a cool, and respectable guy, you should be more like him. as he is awesome and you are not at this moment.

Upvote 0