• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Thank God for no Kill/Death counter

wokelly

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 27, 2006
Best idea ever to take it away and impliment a points system. Some maps (especially the one with charging up all those hills to the monistary) requires players to die alot to take the objectives, and especially on those maps, its essential that players rush the objectives instead of padding their stats.

Personally, I dont like to die alot, and I like to have a good k/d, so the lack of this feature makes the game much more fun cause I am not parinoid about my stupid k/d and am willing to do those massed bayonet charges that are really fun.

10 points per objective taken per person.... pretty ridiculous. On Rackowice (I think) I just ran around as a Saper blowing up the AA guns and taking the objectives and I ended the two rounds with 150+ points and the next person had 30 points. Although I guess the points reflected the situation well, since I was the ONLY one doing the objectives.

Upvote 0
I want the points and I want the kills! Remove the points? No way! Look, there has to be certain sense of individuality and personal accomplishment, even in a team-based game. The current point system is far from perfect, but if you have nothing at all people would lose their interests pretty quickly. Look at sports. Soccer, football, and basketball are all team sports yet we still track individual players' stats. It's the relative standing of one's own position within a team that drives players to play better. Sure, there may be a few players who don't care about the score, but I doubt these players improve their games as much as those who do. Scoring makes games competitive and competitive gaming makes everyone to play better, which makes it more fun. I say give us stats! The more, the better!

Upvote 0
wokelly said:
Best idea ever to take it away and impliment a points system. Some maps (especially the one with charging up all those hills to the monistary) requires players to die alot to take the objectives, and especially on those maps, its essential that players rush the objectives instead of padding their stats.

Personally, I dont like to die alot, and I like to have a good k/d, so the lack of this feature makes the game much more fun cause I am not parinoid about my stupid k/d and am willing to do those massed bayonet charges that are really fun.

Very well put :)

Upvote 0
I personally take the other side competely. IRL the only thing that counts is not dying. Therefore I argue that to focus players on the correct things (psychologically) only deaths should be counted. If you really want to keep track of kills you can do it on a piece of paper and be just like the messed up people that put knicks in their rifle....

Upvote 0
Wheelman56 said:
10 points per objective taken per person.... pretty ridiculous. On Rackowice (I think) I just ran around as a Saper blowing up the AA guns and taking the objectives and I ended the two rounds with 150+ points and the next person had 30 points. Although I guess the points reflected the situation well, since I was the ONLY one doing the objectives.

That means you earned those points and good for you. there was nothing wrong, you provided the most value to your team out of everyone.

Upvote 0
Munk Polkadot said:
Scoring makes games competitive and competitive gaming makes everyone to play better, which makes it more fun. I say give us stats! The more, the better!
No thanks. Stats means stat-whores, more cheating and selfish and boring play.

I agree with the first poster. The present system encourages realistic gameplay, which for me is the whole point of the game. There are plenty of games with stats for those who want them.

Upvote 0
FuSiOn said:
guys just wait for rostats.net to become live again for ostfront

tells you kills deaths, accuracy info for each weapon, all which can be done outside of the game if you really want to know your stats, its an awesome place

Most everyone in this thread was agreeing that stats like that arent beneficial to gameplay... so who are you talking to?

Upvote 0