• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

2D Art Textures gets downgraded when imported.

DMN666

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 14, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
I think this has happened to everything i made since day 1. So it doesnt matter what i do, the texture just downgrades. KF is set to highest and its saved in the same compressed format the tex was exported as.
But still, the texture just...meh
23mvfcw.jpg

Here is a example, the 1st pic is of a portait exported, then reimported with the only edit being that i flipped the picture in gimp, and re flipped to normal in DXTbmp (since the actual texture will not save if i dont do something to in that program).

So anyone got any clues?

Edit: I think its the programs fault, i exported another texture, edit it and in DXT, it has more darker shades then shown in Gimp.

@Grumpo: It doesnt matter, i used a portait since its a small texture.

Last edited:
It's actually to do with the program you are using. Many programs are really bad at that. They will open up the copy but as they export, it misses a few things (some are on purpose, some are accidental) to lower size and compress in their own form of the format. Depending on the program you use, expect different things to occur. Also the best way to check if much has changed, check the file sizes and compare.

Upvote 0