• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Territory Victory Conditions

melipone

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 22, 2006
Can someone explain exactly what is involved in determining the victor on some territory maps?

Just had this scenario:

Station Realism. Axis pushed allies all the way back to the last cap but ran out of reinforcements. Allies held on to the last position and killed most of the axis. We had allies in full control of the position with total capture % and the max amount of red men on the bottom. There may have been 1 german around somewhere. With about a minute left the round ended with an allies defeat

It was a pretty intense ending with allies wiping out 99% of the germans and holding the last point, then over voip people were like "wtf" when it said allies lost.

Was the loss already determined by the game before the epic finish? Didn't it really matter what happened towards the end of the round? Is it because axis have more team points? It said allies had 0 iirc.

I'd just like to know for the future. If you can't tell when you will win or lose it makes it feel a bit pointless. Could the last german literally camp in spawn until they win?

Last edited:
Some maps are Attack / Defend maps where one team is the attacking and one team the defending team for the entire map. If this is the case the attacking team must capture all objectives (killing anyone is not a victory condition). There are also maps where two teams are both on the offense, if one team is not able to capture all the points as far as i know it goes like this.

The team who has the most captured points (overall) wins and if both teams have the same ammount of caps the team with the highest team score wins. Correct me If iam wrong.

Upvote 0
Perhaps its like Barracks? Where if the Axis control NCO Barracks at the end of the game they win. Of course, in that map objectives can be taken/retaken.

Perhaps its who owns the majority of the caps at the end of the round.

It would be nice to know, though. Perhaps there should be a "map tip" shown for each map that details the scenario for winning.

Upvote 0
Hmm, I should mention as well that I thought it was the first round, but after that both allies and axis had 1 point each and it went to round 3. I may be mistaken on that. Someone on the other team said that it said Axis won the round for him, but not sure on that was true.

Would allies usually lose station if they only have the last cap?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Imo team points and reinforcements really should not be counted as victory conditions--they might as well declare a tie. Allowing a win off of team points opens up the possibility of teams constantly resupplying MGs to get ahead, and sometimes the team that played better, controlling more capzones and the battle, happens to have slightly fewer reinforcements remaining.

Upvote 0
I think the forum bugged out and sent this to page 4 (it actually showed the last post as 24 hours or so before it was)

Anyway I agree team points are quite easy to abuse. You can play the map in such a way that your team gets team points but you aren't really making progress in the way you should to be technically winning. It kind of encourages gaming the system (if that makes sense)

I do think reinforcements should matter though, and how many people are alive at the end on either team. But the main thing is to have a clear set of goals for each team, with people feeling its worth playing all the way up to the end

I have felt a few times before that my team was robbed, or that we just had a static gameplay because people don't care. I see people say that you only really need to bother with a certain cap zone in Pavlov's house, because if you hold that the longest then you will win. It just doesn't encourage good gameplay to me. I get a feeling of detachment from it all. I would rather have a straight attack/defence like in RO1

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OK this must be bugged or poorly implemented. Just had a game on Barracks as Allies on the 40-1 Realism server. Axis ran out of reinforcements and allies killed most of them off and forced them all the way back to the last cap. We must have outnumbered them 20-2 or so. As we were half way through capping the last point with a minute left the round ended with "Round Lost". Then it gave points to both sides and everyone said "WTF" or words to that effect

We were capping the last point, we had plenty of time left. We outnumbered the axis and we may have actually killed the last man, not sure.

This all just makes the win/loss of rounds feel a bit pointless

Upvote 0
OK this must be bugged or poorly implemented. Just had a game on Barracks as Allies on the 40-1 Realism server. Axis ran out of reinforcements and allies killed most of them off and forced them all the way back to the last cap. We must have outnumbered them 20-2 or so. As we were half way through capping the last point with a minute left the round ended with "Round Lost". Then it gave points to both sides and everyone said "WTF" or words to that effect

We were capping the last point, we had plenty of time left. We outnumbered the axis and we may have actually killed the last man, not sure.

This all just makes the win/loss of rounds feel a bit pointless

Did your team have 0 reinforcements left? If so, that is a known bug.

Upvote 0