• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Terrism Alerts

Yer cos our antecedents are what really define us, which is probably why you have buggered off to America. I know if i was english I would have ages ago, but then again who can blame you. :p
OMG - the DBD Boys have sobered up long enough to insult the English!! By the way - why did you call the clan "DBDUK" - surely it should be "DBDJOCK"??

On another note, we have to get DBD on to some Heroes tests in the future, if only so I can wet myself laughing at the language barrier between Glasgie and Jorja.

"Canye no see te fookin' bug? Are ye fookin' blind, yacant?"

"Hey, y'all - ahreckens y'all don speak proper English."

Classic stuff. Communications in a modern world!

Upvote 0
OMG - the DBD Boys have sobered up long enough to insult the English!! By the way - why did you call the clan "DBDUK" - surely it should be "DBDJOCK"??

On another note, we have to get DBD on to some Heroes tests in the future, if only so I can wet myself laughing at the language barrier between Glasgie and Jorja.

The good ol days of RO testing shall return!

Upvote 0

That's going up on the DBDUK webbie - "DBDUK - The first clan to get an invite to RO:HoS Testing!"

Upvote 0
Here's some handy helpers for those of you 'at don't know nuttin 'bout speakin' proper English:

BARD - verb. Past tense of the infinitive "to borrow."
Usage: "My brother bard my pickup truck."

BRODER - noun. Male relative, notorious for borrowing tools and equipment and never returning them.

JAWJUH - noun. A highly flammable state just north of Florida.
Usage: "My broder from Jawjah bard my pickup truck."

BAMMER - noun. A state just west of Jawjuh. Sometimes refers to the football team of the University of Alabama, the only notable thing in the aforementioned state.
Usage: "Hot dayum! 'Bout time Bammer done beat them Gators!"

MONTGUMRY - noun. Capital city of Bammer.

BIRMUNHAYUM - noun. Another city in Bammer.
Usage: "My broder said he was only goin' out t'Birmunhayum with my pickup truck, but that don't explain why I ain't herd from him since last year!"

MUNTS - noun. A calendar division.
Usage: "My brother from Jawjuh bard my pickup truck, and I aint herd from him in munts."

IGNERT - adjective. Not smart. See "Auburn Alumni."
Usage: "Them N-C-TWO-A boys sure are ignert!"

RANCH - noun. A tool.
Usage: "I think I left my ranch in the back of that pickup truck my brother from Jawjuh bard a few munts ago."

OLE - noun. A petroleum-based lubricant.
Usage: "I sure hope my brother from Jawjuh puts ole in my pickup truck."

FAR - noun. A conflagration.
Usage: "If my brother from Jawjuh doesn't change the ole in my pickup truck, that things gonna catch far."

BAHS - noun. A supervisor.
Usage: "If you don't stop reading these Southern words and git back to work, your bahs is gonna far you!"

TAR - noun. A rubber wheel.
Usage: "Gee, I hope that brother of mine from Jawjuh doesn't git a flat tar in my pickup truck."

TIRE - noun. A tall monument.
Usage: "Lord willing and the creeks don't rise, I sure do hope to see that Eiffel Tire in Paris sometime."

HOT - noun. A blood-pumping organ.
HOD - adverb. Not easy.
Usage: "A broken hot is hod to fix."

RETARD - Verb. To stop working.
Usage: "My granpaw retard at age 65."

TARRED - adverb. Exhausted.
Usage: "I just flew in from Hot-lanta, and boy my arms are tarred."

RATS - noun. Entitled power or privilege.
Usage: "We Southerners are willing to fight for out rats."

LOT - adjective. Luminescent.
Usage: "I dream of Jeanie in the lot-brown hair."

FARN - adjective. Not local.
Usage: "I cudnt unnerstand a wurd he sed ... must be from some farn country."

DID - adjective. Not alive.
Usage: "He's did, Jim."

EAR - noun. A colorless, odorless gas (unless you are in LA).
Usage: "He can't breathe ... give 'em some ear!"

BOB WAR - noun. A sharp, twisted cable.
Usage: "Boy, stay away from that there bob war fence."

JU-HERE - a question.
Usage: "Juhere that former Dallas Cowboys' coach Jimmy Johnson recently toured the University of Alabama?"

HAZE - a contraction.
Usage: "Is Bubba smart?" "Nah ... haze ignert."

SEED - verb, past tense.

VIEW - contraction: verb and pronoun.
Usage: "I ain't never seed New York City ... view?"

HEAVY DEW - phrase. A request for action.
Usage: "Kin I heavy dew me a favor?"

GUMMIT - Noun. An often-closed bureaucratic institution.
Usage: "Great ... ANOTHER gummit shutdown!

Disclaimer: I do indeed talk like this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Cheaky bastards :), we don't say ken here nesto you dobber :p.

Ah haftae apoalagise there t'ye, Paile. Ah'm studdyin Scoattish at ma coalidge and wi havnae goat past th' seckun lessen coz the teecherz alwez pished. Ah blame the English. Now THAT sounds Scoattish. :p

@Marion - Wow, just wow.

Last edited:
Upvote 0