• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Teamkill] Say sorry if u do it

K98-Schütze[GER]

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 23, 2012
Dear (new) comrades!

The free steam weekend is now some time ago, and well.... :mad:

Example:
Last time on GrainElevator.
I spoke in the beginning on the 'public voice chat' these words:
"Dont forget to say sorry or at least type in the word 'sorry' if you accidently teamkill somebody!"
(Cause one map before it was also terrible...)

Map begins, I am in german team, infiltrating on the left into the GrainElevator.
Than I said: "I am on this free visible Plateu - german here - dont shot me!"
Bang!!!! (Teamkill)
No sorry, no read words of excuse.

Second try - infiltrating again....
Was operating succesfuly from the 5th floor and, what a surprise - some other german guy (level 20 - 30) came up from the stairs outside.
I saw him, he saw me, he aimed on me, I pushed the 'team voice chat': "NO, NO, NO - I AM GERMAN"
BANG!!!! (Teamkill)

....not to make this post here longer than an AT-rifle....
I was teamkilled on different situations on this map (not only this map)
....and never, I mean F U K C I N G NEVER, somebody said sorry or wrote it in via keyboard.

JUST DO IT!
SAY SORRY!

Secondly....
...last time on an english spoken server, think it was TWB on FallenFighters.
I was in the Pz IV, disabled other teamguys to come in my tank, cause mostly they are driving (in the sense of word drive) crazy and you can NOT aim or operate how you should be.
Some russian speaking IDIOT, spoke all the time on russian to me, I didnt understood
(beside the fact, that if you speak mostly on russian servers in english for tactical reasons ingame - you hear russian insults and get kicked cause you want communicate in positive ways about tactical situations)
him and he started to kill me with his AT-rifle....6x....BANG!!!! all teamkills....off course we lost this map without tank support.....
Some other teammember told me (he understood probably russian) that he want join in my tank.......
.....WELL - THAN F U K C I N G ask polite....its mostly not a problem if a tank driver do what commander says
(I know such stuff actually from RO1 tanking a lot and in real life I was making tank drive license on Leopard for my unit)....

EDIT:
If needed I can deliver 3 screenshots of this teamkiller on FallenFighters.....I started to press the F12 screenshot key on the 4th time he killed me.....

Last edited:
Sounds like a good reason to call for a votekick if a teammate is TKing the team's only tank. Those moments are difficult, but you have to see it through with a cool head and let him TK you without forgiveness until he gets the automatic session ban.

To be honest, although I have indeed gotten TKed more frequently in the last couple months, I do almost always see a "sorry".

What was his name?

Upvote 0
Yea every free weekend brings in a ton of bad players who tk a lot and never forgive when they themselves get tk'd. It would be nice if server admins lowered the votes needed for a kick, it's very hard to get people to actually vote since most don't communicate or respond to communications.
The server you are on also matters a lot, the vast majority of servers are filled with nothing but new players with no culture of apologizing and forgiving.

Upvote 0
I asked my team via voice chat: "We have an obsessive Teamkiller here with us, please help me to vote kick him out"
Guess how much voted....me only....sometimes I think the RO2 playerbase is completly outchanged compared to RO1....

Where I find the screenshots? Steamapps/common/RO2 is not?

EDIT:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Play on 40-1, we have a close watch and deal with any scumbags decisively. He'd be sure to get a teamban for at least 1 week, if he had dared to return and continue his vile deeds, he'd surely be done forever.

Btw, don't type 'np' if you don't feel like the sorry was true or if it's not there at all.
After several he will be auto-kicked anyways as he exceeded the friendly fire limit.

Upvote 0
:)

A few may not be familiar with this, but...

Many servers are optioned for manual TK forgiving. When this is set, the game code recognizes two text phases submitted in team chat:

"sry" for sorry, and if/when the victim submits "np" for no problem, the game code will subtract the incident from the 6 count bogie that would eventually get one session kicked. It's of benefit to everyone to take advantage of this courtesy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I mean, it can happens to everybody - I do it sometimes and I always say sorry....

...but as u can see in this picture - he killed me in spawn - its not only about teamkilling and saying sorry, but also about strange player behavior....

...well - I am a little calm down but still its an issue

EDIT:
I SUGGEST TO POST HERE PICTURES OF PLAYERS WHO DO IT NON-ACCIDENTLY AND WITHOUT REASONS
(maybe it will help a little...)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've been TKed twice in the tank before. Both times just coming out of the spawn. Once on Arad 2 and another on Pavlov's house. The former I was just driving with head out of the hatch when someone running besides my T34 turns around pulls out his sidearm and shots me in the face. I guess the jerk just wanted his silly steam achievement. The latter I was TKed with a satchel. I guess he just didn't like that I had the tank.

Upvote 0
Some players deserve to be TK'd, then there's them stupid bots that run into a satcheled barracade... really? You would have thought TWI would have implemented some kind of AI alert, plus warnings for humans on the same team. I get tired of clearing barracades on Bridges, only to get kicked for a TK on the last set of hedgehogs a miss the end.

Once I accidentally TK'd a player who ran in front of me while I was laying down suppressive fire with a LMG. Clearly he could see my line of fire and walked like 1 meter in front of me while I was firing prone. I said sorry over team chat and typed in "sry" but he still came and purposely TK'd me back. I forgave him, spawned and he TK'd me again... Great community.

Upvote 0