• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Team stacking

Oleg

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 16, 2006
Was out of RO scene for couple months, playing - oh the blasphemy - BF2142. Yes, a game with very small amount of tactics, unrealistic, full of stats whoring etc.

But, hey, A TEAM BALANCE SYSTEM THAT ACTUALLY WORKS!!!!!

NO TEAM STACKING!!!!!!!

Wow, my god have I been translated to some sort of MP team based heaven? So it is possible to fulfill this most basic need of EVERY goddamn MP game - ie balanced teams???? IT IS POSSIBLE!

So now I am back to RO, and am I disappointed or what?

Team stacking, the nemesis of RO, is rampant as ever, the absolutely worst "feature" of this game, that ruined so many rounds of RO, is back (in fact it never left). Apparently, while I was away no one did anything on the technical side to make servers balanced, and - of course - no one changed the player's mindset (if anything, there are more smacktards in RO now than hen I left) to make people keep teams balanced by themselves (yeah, fat chance).

I am coming after playing 2 rounds on Rakowice, one of my favorite maps (when teams are balanced of course).

In terms of gameplay this map is as unbalanced as it gets, with Soviets having to do everything short of launching Sputnik into orbit. As most players know, it gets real fun <sarcasm> when teams are 16 to 10 in German favor </sarcasm>

I mean what's the fuqen point!!!!!??? Lets just make Germans win automatically and be done with it.

Oh well, back to BF - not very smart, certainly not realistic, but at least I don't have to worry about Nazi fanbois outnumbering my team almost 2:1 on every goddamn map....

War wasn't fair. Maybe a autobalancer that unbalanced teams according to the map. If the players are incompetant, deal with it.

BTW, are you the same Oleg who made Il-2?

Yeah, war wasn't fair, as there were like 3-5 times more SOVIETS than Germans in most battles Obrlt.Scheisskopf.

In RO it's exactly the opposite.

But of course, coming from a German clan guy.......

Yeah I made IL-2, and overpowered Russian planes, to make things even for RO German teamstacking.......

Upvote 0
On tank maps like Orel & BDJ it's good bet that 90% of the time Germans teamstack (EvReeBody Wantz 2 Gett TEh Uber Tiger you see). I fully endorse mandatory auto balancing. Maybe one day I'll be able to tank as Germans without participating in a German teamstack O thon. I refuse to play Germans on tank maps for this very reason. Even when teams are even they don't stay that way for long. Some new players will join and guess what? Most the time they'll pile on the German side, Oh joy the fun to be had...... I'm just as disgusted about it as you.

Upvote 0
On tank maps like Orel & BDJ it's good bet that 90% of the time Germans teamstack (EvReeBody Wantz 2 Gett TEh Uber Tiger you see). I fully endorse mandatory auto balancing. Maybe one day I'll be able to tank as Germans without participating in a German teamstack O thon. I refuse to play Germans on tank maps for this very reason. Even when teams are even they don't stay that way for long. Some new players will join and guess what? Most the time they'll pile on the German side, Oh joy the fun to be had...... I'm just as disgusted about it as you.

Absolutely true. I would like to play Germans on most maps, but if I do it and we win having absolute numerical superiority it feels hollow.

If I switch sides to play for the undermanned Soviets - and we predictably lose, I again feel stupid and pointless, and cheated by the system.

Upvote 0
yeah i know what you mean, but returning to BF is a bit drastical :p RO could in no way upset me enough to get me to play that horrible piece of crap volunteerily :p you'd have to put a gun to my head and force me, and even then i'll have to think about it:p

but anyway, i get the point. usually i love to play infantry on german side cause of the k98, i just love that weapon. just to bad everybody piles up on that side, and i, being a good guy as usual ( :p ) pick the soviet side, again, to even the teams up a bit. i'm getting tired of the Mosin.
used it all the time in the moddays ( MN ) cause IMO the sights where clearer when i still played it in 800x600, wich distorted the k98 sights for me to bad to have a good aim, and as a result i kept getting shot when misfired ( wich happened alot ).. then when i turned my resolution up to 1024x756 or whatever, the sights where much clearer, and i started to love the k98, cause of its pointy design. it felt even more precise then the Mosin was due to that. havent stopped loving it since :p

damn german fanboys:eek:

Upvote 0
yeah i know what you mean, but returning to BF is a bit drastical :p RO could in no way upset me enough to get me to play that horrible piece of crap volunteerily :p you'd have to put a gun to my head and force me, and even then i'll have to think about it:p

BF2 is bad, and I could not stand it, but this is the "new" BF2142, and it's very good actually....... I like the sci-fi setting, helps mitigate unrealistic elements inherent to the BF series.

I don't like the cartoonish, non actical elements like reviving, medic packs, unlimited classes etc. but some elements of the game are excellent, and to stay on topic in some aspects RO may well learn a thing or two from BF2142.

- TEAM BALACING - BF wins hands down
- Commander options (though far from perfect, are better than RO)
- Russian voice acting (better than current Russian VO in RO)
- I'd like to see an award or two thrown in in the game, perhaps not the global stats like in BF, but a combat pin or award here and there for an exceptionally well played game would be fun

Upvote 0
Remove the ability to choose Team. Problem solved(assuming that means RO puts Players on a Team based on Balance).
No. Just make it so there are 2 "leeway" slots so people can still pick what team they prefer BUT after one team has 1 or 2 more players than the other team the bigger team is "locked out" until more join the smaller team.

Upvote 0
No. Just make it so there are 2 "leeway" slots so people can still pick what team they prefer BUT after one team has 1 or 2 more players than the other team the bigger team is "locked out" until more join the smaller team.
Agreed. I think that would help solve the "I want to be German soldier" problem. I too usually play for the Soviets because by golly there are plenty of Germans to go around. It can become burdensome to see so many people flock to one side. I just wish that each map would have its own number per side that makes it balanced -- sorry to use this word as I know war is never balanced, but it is still a video game. I think it would make it a more enjoyable experience.

Well, just my two pence -- now I am broke:cry:.

Upvote 0
It's really not that bad...

Just say: "Teams." in the chat- and 90% of the time someone will switch over, or if needed more than one. I rarely run into this problem, people wanna play- not over run one side then wait for the next map...

I say 'teams' constantly in game, whenever there is a difference of 4+ players. It works maybe 40% of the time. Autobalance is needed badly in this game.

Upvote 0
sadley i must say im about to consider disapearing from RO for a bit to just tinker on the DH mod and play other games, this team stacking REALLY has my goat, as its usualy a 18 - 12 stack in orel, which is F|_|CKED UP! its not ususaly so bad in infantry maps though, unless its b1tch assault, in which case everyone stacks the german team so they can point whore, or as i would like to think they probably do, is make passionate love to their steaming machinegun barrels while the machinegunner is waiting for that barrel to cool.

Upvote 0
Was out of RO scene for couple months, playing - oh the blasphemy - BF2142. Yes, a game with very small amount of tactics, unrealistic, full of stats whoring etc.

But, hey, A TEAM BALANCE SYSTEM THAT ACTUALLY WORKS!!!!!

NO TEAM STACKING!!!!!!!

Wow, my god have I been translated to some sort of MP team based heaven? So it is possible to fulfill this most basic need of EVERY goddamn MP game - ie balanced teams???? IT IS POSSIBLE!

So now I am back to RO, and am I disappointed or what?

Team stacking, the nemesis of RO, is rampant as ever, the absolutely worst "feature" of this game, that ruined so many rounds of RO, is back (in fact it never left). Apparently, while I was away no one did anything on the technical side to make servers balanced, and - of course - no one changed the player's mindset (if anything, there are more smacktards in RO now than hen I left) to make people keep teams balanced by themselves (yeah, fat chance).

I am coming after playing 2 rounds on Rakowice, one of my favorite maps (when teams are balanced of course).

In terms of gameplay this map is as unbalanced as it gets, with Soviets having to do everything short of launching Sputnik into orbit. As most players know, it gets real fun <sarcasm> when teams are 16 to 10 in German favor </sarcasm>

I mean what's the fuqen point!!!!!??? Lets just make Germans win automatically and be done with it.

Oh well, back to BF - not very smart, certainly not realistic, but at least I don't have to worry about Nazi fanbois outnumbering my team almost 2:1 on every goddamn map....

I like having unbalanced teams once in a while. Not only does it break the usual routine and the standard play of most maps, but it makes the team with less players actually THINK TACTICALLY, use a little teamwork for a change and it reflects much more realistic circumstances.

What I hate more are players who spend more time complaining in game about unbalanced teams than they do playing. They become a detriment to the team, not only are they not fighting or helping, but they are causing more teamates to also start complaining, whcih can derail an entire teams coordination. Even a team with fewer players can easily win if all players are working together, using VOIP and actually fighting, not whining.

Upvote 0
Auto-balancing makes an incorrect assumption, that is that every player is of equal skill. Also it assumes that every player who joins the game is actually going to play it.

Your still going to have games where some players are afk which leads to some unfair teams or even just a general difference in skill levels between the teams. Ive seen clan stacking before in RO and its not nice when it happens, in fact its a good deal worse than the larger team just having a few noobs who want to be on the 'winning' team.

I think the current system is the best your going to get really, the chances of having a perfectly fair battle in anything other than numbers is very low.

Upvote 0